Another Westy Gyro...

Dave Hidding

As the old slogan says, Every house needs a Westinghouse. When my in-laws moved from their old antebellum home a few years ago, I swapped out their gyro for a modern fan (they were going to leave the gyro behind). It's been sitting in storage for several years, but I finally got around to having it restored to its original beauty. Many thanks to Carlton Ward for the inspiration, color codes, and confirming that the nickel blades would look fantastic (no, Carlton did not do the restoration).  I couldn't be happier!  I'm hoping it stays in the family for another 100 years.   Several of the photos below are from when it was hanging in the antebellum home. The video shows it in its new home - our music room (click the play button, just below).

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

tag-1.jpg

Edited by Dave Hidding
Video thumbnail isn't showing up.
  • Like 5

On 3/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, Vic Valencheck said:

Hmmm for some reason I couldn't open the video. 🙄

Hey @Vic Valencheck-tagging you in case you didn’t see that I reposted the video. This link seems to be working. 😉

18 hours ago, Dave Hidding said:

Hey @Vic Valencheck-tagging you in case you didn’t see that I reposted the video. This link seems to be working. 😉

Thanks but  I saw it on Facebook. Like I said there, I wish I had a high  ceiling like you do to hang mine.

• Like 1