Brothers

Larry Hancock

Picked these guys up in St Louis today.  Out of a bar where they were since the building was built.  Building is gone now but they live on.  All original down to the cords.  1952 models all.  Just need cleaning and oil.

79B82051-1930-4CD5-B0BA-7FFE164A74EA.jpeg

• Like 7

That foursome is a fine looking line up Larry.  I have heard it said that Emerson was really doing its best design and manufacturing work with that model.  Great save

Larry!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lane Shirey said:

By chance any sequential serial numbers? 

These don’t have serial numbers.  I think by this time they’d done away with them.

LARRY WHEN I WAS WORKING AT THE OLD BAMBERGERS (LATER MACYS) IN DOWNTOWN NEWARK NJ IN THE LATE 1980S THE BUILDING WAS STILL FILLED WITH THOSE IN 12" AND 16" SIZES MOUNTED 4 TO A POLE FACING EACH SIDE IN LARGE ROOMS. I HAD A 12" DESK MODEL FOR MY CORNER AND WHEN THE BUILDING WAS SOLD AND WE MOVED DOWN THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TO CRANFORD I KICKED MYSELF FOR NOT TAKING IT WITH ME BUT NOTHING ATTACHED COULD BE REMOVED. I BET THEY ALL WENT IN THE DUMPSTER, I AM VERY HAPPY YOU SAVED THESE 4 ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Zapf said:

LARRY WHEN I WAS WORKING AT THE OLD BAMBERGERS (LATER MACYS) IN DOWNTOWN NEWARK NJ IN THE LATE 1980S THE BUILDING WAS STILL FILLED WITH THOSE IN 12" AND 16" SIZES MOUNTED 4 TO A POLE FACING EACH SIDE IN LARGE ROOMS. I HAD A 12" DESK MODEL FOR MY CORNER AND WHEN THE BUILDING WAS SOLD AND WE MOVED DOWN THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TO CRANFORD I KICKED MYSELF FOR NOT TAKING IT WITH ME BUT NOTHING ATTACHED COULD BE REMOVED. I BET THEY ALL WENT IN THE DUMPSTER, I AM VERY HAPPY YOU SAVED THESE 4 ! 

Sad story Tom!!

• Like 1

Way to go Larry!  Are those all 16" or are two 12"  ??

That was a very good year 1952!!  Year of my birth!  😆😆

70 year old fans!    Great find.  Congrats! 👍👍👍

11 hours ago, John McComas said:

Way to go Larry!  Are those all 16" or are two 12"  ??

That was a very good year 1952!!  Year of my birth!  😆😆

70 year old fans!    Great find.  Congrats! 👍👍👍

16 inch.  Thanks John

On 3/30/2022 at 6:41 PM, Bill Arfmann said:

That foursome is a fine looking line up Larry.  I have heard it said that Emerson was really doing its best design and manufacturing work with that model.  Great save

Larry!

If the blade remains factory balanced, those fans are smooth as silk. I had a 16" years ago in a wine red if I remember that right. 

• Like 1