Bersted BBQ grille beauties

Lawrence Smith

I've got one of these, a smaller 12" model, a Zero badged one, that I got from Mike Mirin's meet several years ago, unfortunately that was the only time I've been to that meet, I've not been able to make it back since, because of scheduling conflicts that came around last minute. 

Fandango is not the only place to find these, although Mike has quite a collection of unusual parts & pieces to get most fans going again 

• 1 year later...

Hi folks, first post here. Here's a pic of a 20" Manning Bowman branded Bersted I just finished up. I've read that these are not really considered to be of very high quality, but I'm certainly impressed with it. Solid and quiet! Normally I'm not one to repaint vintage items, but this one was a rusty mess that I was allowed to rescue from our local recycling center.

mb1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Lawrence Smith said:

Outstanding job! It’s your fan do what pleases you. 

Thank you! This is the first fan I've ever restored, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm currently trying to put a date on this fan and am assuming that it may be 1956 or maybe a bit earlier? I've read that McGraw Electric Co became McGraw Edison in 1957, and the badge on this one is labeled "Manning Bowman Div. McGraw Elec. Co. Boonville, Mo." I've also read that Bersteds manufactured in Boonville are 1957 and later, so I still have a bit of digging to do.

mb2.jpg