Ge boxers

Arjun Saini

Huge thanks to Tom Zapf for balancing my 3 wing with the metal grille, rest I got from the meet. 

C0484BB2-B303-4F31-A0E2-640BC625E3E9.jpeg

F393551A-53A4-449D-8D62-7D1AC9AC9814.jpeg

C9445089-FA40-4CF1-8153-5FC2C7696D12.jpeg

AC9DC4F1-E3F5-478A-837A-67EA1478220C.jpeg

9FC7CEDB-DE0B-4B02-952C-709E297867A1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I had the cream colored version of the fan you have pictured in the first picture, I had found it at the local recycling center and when I got it home the fan seemed to work fine yet, the only issue with it was that the original reverse switch had died so I replaced it and the fan worked fine until the motor froze up one day and I couldn't figure out how to get the motor apart to oil it and see if I could free up the motor and so I just junked it out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, Levi Mevis said:

I had the cream colored version of the fan you have pictured in the first picture, I had found it at the local recycling center and when I got it home the fan seemed to work fine yet, the only issue with it was that the original reverse switch had died so I replaced it and the fan worked fine until the motor froze up one day and I couldn't figure out how to get the motor apart to oil it and see if I could free up the motor and so I just junked it out.

those ge boxers are hard to oil 

THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO OIL THEM 

1)- IF THE BLADE CAN BE REMOVED  LAY THE FAN ON ITS BACK WITH THE BLADE SHAFT UP ...PUT A RAG UNDER THE BACK SIDE OF THE MOTOR. THE FINNED END OF THE ROTOR HOLDS THE SHAFT WHERE THE BLADE GOES ON. IN BETWEEN EACH FIN AT THE BASE IS A SMALL RECTANGULAR HOLE. WITH GOOD EYES YOU CAN LOOK IN THAT HOLE AND SEE THE TOP OF THE SINGLE BEARING WHERE THE SHAFT GOES IN. DRIP OIL IN THE TOP END OF THE BEARING AND LET IT SIT FOR A DAY. THERE ARE PASSAGES "SWIRLED" (CUT) IN TO THE SHAFT INSIDE THE BEARING . SPINNING THE SHAFT  CLOCKWISE (I THINK) DRAWS OIL FROM THE REAR UP TO THE FRONT OF THE SHAFT .IF YOURS IS REALLY BOUND UP  LET IT SIT AND DRIP SOME MARVEL-MYSTERY OIL IN THE BEARING TOO... LETTING THE OILS SOAK IN TO THE WICKS AND ALL THE WAY TO THE REAR IS AN EXCERCISE IN PATIENCE

2)- ON THE REAR OF THE MOTOR IS A "PLUG" THAT IS USUALLY SILVER . STANDING THE FAN UPRIGHT DRILL A SMALL HOLE AT THE TOP END OF THE PLUG  AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE WICKING IN THE CAVITY. YOU HAVE TO OIL THE WICKING AND TURN THE FAN TO VARIOUS ANGLES OVER TIME TO GET THE OIL TO ALL FOUR WICKS (THE ONE AT THE TOP USUALLY IS THE DRYEST ). WITH YOUR FINGERS SPIN THE SHAFT CLOCKWISE AND COUNTER CLOCKWISE TOO GET OIL BACK AND FORTH  IN THE BEARING 

IF THE BEARING IS TOAST THIS MAY NOT WORK 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:20 AM, Tom Zapf said:

THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO OIL THEM 

1)- IF THE BLADE CAN BE REMOVED  LAY THE FAN ON ITS BACK WITH THE BLADE SHAFT UP ...PUT A RAG UNDER THE BACK SIDE OF THE MOTOR. THE FINNED END OF THE ROTOR HOLDS THE SHAFT WHERE THE BLADE GOES ON. IN BETWEEN EACH FIN AT THE BASE IS A SMALL RECTANGULAR HOLE. WITH GOOD EYES YOU CAN LOOK IN THAT HOLE AND SEE THE TOP OF THE SINGLE BEARING WHERE THE SHAFT GOES IN. DRIP OIL IN THE TOP END OF THE BEARING AND LET IT SIT FOR A DAY. THERE ARE PASSAGES "SWIRLED" (CUT) IN TO THE SHAFT INSIDE THE BEARING . SPINNING THE SHAFT  CLOCKWISE (I THINK) DRAWS OIL FROM THE REAR UP TO THE FRONT OF THE SHAFT .IF YOURS IS REALLY BOUND UP  LET IT SIT AND DRIP SOME MARVEL-MYSTERY OIL IN THE BEARING TOO... LETTING THE OILS SOAK IN TO THE WICKS AND ALL THE WAY TO THE REAR IS AN EXCERCISE IN PATIENCE

2)- ON THE REAR OF THE MOTOR IS A "PLUG" THAT IS USUALLY SILVER . STANDING THE FAN UPRIGHT DRILL A SMALL HOLE AT THE TOP END OF THE PLUG  AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE WICKING IN THE CAVITY. YOU HAVE TO OIL THE WICKING AND TURN THE FAN TO VARIOUS ANGLES OVER TIME TO GET THE OIL TO ALL FOUR WICKS (THE ONE AT THE TOP USUALLY IS THE DRYEST ). WITH YOUR FINGERS SPIN THE SHAFT CLOCKWISE AND COUNTER CLOCKWISE TOO GET OIL BACK AND FORTH  IN THE BEARING 

IF THE BEARING IS TOAST THIS MAY NOT WORK 

welll the blade on mine is rusted shut 

• 5 months later...

ARJUN DRILLING A SMALL HOLE AT THE TOP END OF THE REAR PLUG ON THE SINGLE BEARING MOTORS SHOULD BE AT THE 12 O CLOCK POSITION  AND AIM THE DRILL DOWNWARDS AND ONLY GO IN 1/8" OR JUST UNTIL THE DRILLE GOES THROUGH THE PLUG ....DONT DRILL IN TO THE HOUSING  SO BE DOWN 1/4" FROM THE TOP EDGE OF THE PLUG 

• Thanks 1