Need help finding a switch conversion diagram for 24” Hunter Century Air Circulator. Levolier to toggle

Lane Shirey

I’m restoring a 24” 2 speed Hunter Century Air Circulator. It’s has a bad levolier (hard to believe, huh?). I swear there was a post with wiring diagram on the old forum, to convert it to a toggle switch.  I may have even posted it as I did the changeout on one years ago but I can’t find my notes. 

please don’t respond unless you know for sure how to wire it.  This is a customers fan and I cant afford to smoke the motor. 

thanks in advance for your help! 

hey Lane if you find out please let me know, I have a couple of fans that I need a wiring diagram for. like you I to could have sworn there was a diagram on the old forum.

Thanks Marce

I have run into two wiring schemes on Hunter circulators, series/parallel & the conventional low speed tap. By far most are the standard hookup like on modern fans with a neutral, high, & low. I have never run into a Hunter with a consequential field. If it is a three wire motor (plus cap wires), it is like the modern fans.

Lane, like I said above, there are two wiring schemes on Hunters, which one do you have? They are extremely different, Three wires plus cap wires or five wires plus cap wires.

Hi Stan, I have 2 of them. Will be tearing into them next week.  Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t aware there were 2 types. Let me check.  Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Stan, actually I have one of each. I had time over the holidays to pull them apart.  One has 3 wires plus 2 that go to the cap and the other is a 5 wire.   Might you have a diagram to change over to toggle? 

I appreciate the help!