Franken fan or not

Marce Clark

hi all. I have a fan right now that has a tag that says its a hunter. the motor looks like its a hunter but I can't find anything about this fan.

any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Marece

D4AE7DBC-6240-497C-916D-2D27632D52E1.jpeg

78BFC3A8-DEA5-4BD3-96E8-CA7271A61486.jpeg

6BE3FD1E-0E83-46FF-A166-72AAB98F0C76.jpeg

2 hours ago, Marce Clark said:

Franken fan or not [?]

Looks to be a legit wall
bracket fan to me.

Wood base, to make it a
desk fan, not legit, IMO.

Edited by Jim Kovar

I agree with Jim, thought I posted this last night, must not have saved it. It is not a Frankie, it is a ship fan. We don't have any Hunters on the TEXAS, but other ships used them.

Thanks Jim and Stan. Have just never seen one before and wasn't able to find any references to it.

When I took it apart to clean it up I made a diagram of the wiring it's a four wire stator. when I put it back together it won't run now.

the funny thing is ,It reads on my kilowatt meter that its pulling some amps. does anyone know of or have a wiring diagram.it's a 2 speed fan.

Thanks in advance for any Info

Marce

On 7/20/2022 at 4:46 PM, Stan Adams said:

A lot of those Hunters had a ground wire & a PSC motor. Does it have a capacitor.

yes it does have a capacitor. 

Ok, one should be ground then. The others are just the start & run windings. You should have continuity between only the three, one should not.

awesome thanks Stan, do you know where there's  wiring diagram for this fan. I made one before I took it apart and hooked it back up the same way but it doesn't work, 

The weird thing is on my kill-o-watt meter it shows it is pulling some amps but nothing happens. no humming no anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marce