Fan running dry after oil

Greg Calmly

please help!

I have a 1987 Lakewood P-223/M and I oiled a few times, and it seems to keep running dry (within like a 2 week span). The fan is almost never ran (I only use it for an hour or 2 on the weekends because its at a relatives house and they dont use it because I take the knob off so they cant) It averages ~ 2.1 on high which seems correct. The motor sticker has fallen off so i dont know the real amperage, but I assume 2.1 is around there. on medium it drops to 1.1 I hope this is normal, let me know what you all think. I saved this fan from a thrift store and it is in poor condition but it runs strong. the oil wicks around the bearings are mostly gone, but when that fan is oiled it seems okay. Let me know what you think.

Thanks! ❤️image.thumb.jpeg.2490af23d6bda8ba18d47c5ee0554b99.jpeg

IF YOU ARE PUTTING OIL IN THE LITTLE "LIPS"  OVER EACH BUSHING IT MIGHT BE SOAKING IN TO A DRY WICK AND NOT GETTING TO THE SHAFT. I WOULD TAKE IT APART AND OIL THE FELTS AROUND EACH BUSHING 

• 3 months later...

yeah I had replaced the wicks and oiled with zoom and 3 in 1

Its seems better but its still slow rather than what its supposed ti be by amperage

(When it runs fine, it does. It seems the oil only lasts some days)