Interesting Discovery

Robert Todd

I was cleaning up a set of Century ceiling fan blades this afternoon when I found a small shim on the back of one of the brackets.  I guess this is how they balanced the brackets if needed.  It is a perfect fit.

PB089515.JPG

PB089514.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That's a mighty straight line across that shim of yours Robert, but I have to wonder if yours wasn't cut across straight? The blade set I have has "full shims" for each blade. They almost appear to be a spring backing, not a shim, though can't really understand their purpose. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, Evan Atkinson said:

That's a mighty straight line across that shim of yours Robert, but I have to wonder if yours wasn't cut across straight? The blade set I have has "full shims" for each blade. They almost appear to be a spring backing, not a shim, though can't really understand their purpose. Just a thought.

Could be used to keep tension on the screws. 

I purchased an open top Century fan and when I took the blades off they also had the exact same partial metal shims under a couple of the blades.