Vortalex fans!

Arjun Saini

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lawrence Smith said:

I’ve been selling most of these. Going to smaller vorties! A really nice 10” was just grabbed at the Harrison meet cheap

I’m on a vorty streak need more!

8 hours ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

Just noticed this shows both 60 and 50 Cycles on the tag.   Normal?

That I’ve never seen, 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lawrence Smith said:

there is always this special unit. 

Lawrence what have you done! You’ve made me drool over them!

• 3 weeks later...

There's an antique mall near me that has a 9" 2 speed Vortalex that is from about 1950 or so (its in the "seafoam green" color) that they want $75 for and it looks like its all original, its the 3 wing version (they had a 3 wing and 4 wing version of which the 3 wing version is the least common of the two.)

2 minutes ago, Levi Mevis said:

There's an antique mall near me that has a 9" 2 speed Vortalex that is from about 1950 or so (its in the "seafoam green" color) that they want $75 for and it looks like its all original, its the 3 wing version (they had a 3 wing and 4 wing version of which the 3 wing version is the least common of the two.)

Got a picture my interest level just went up!

3 wing versions are 10” & 9” , never seen a 2 speed 9” fan . Those are the 10” units . They made a 3 wing & 4 wing 12” version in the first series, black & aluminum style. The 3 wing was in the late 30’s then came the 4 winger . ( probably due to the 3 wing blade cracking ) 

2 hours ago, Arjun Saini said:

Got a picture my interest level just went up!

No Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. I was there yesterday, but I didn't get any pictures.

24 minutes ago, Lawrence Smith said:

3 wing versions are 10” & 9” , never seen a 2 speed 9” fan . Those are the 10” units . They made a 3 wing & 4 wing 12” version in the first series, black & aluminum style. The 3 wing was in the late 30’s then came the 4 winger . ( probably due to the 3 wing blade cracking ) 

I can never tell the difference between a 9" and 10" fan (and at that a 8" or 9" fan) they all look very similar to each other size wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Levi Mevis said:

I can never tell the difference between a 9" and 10" fan (and at that a 8" or 9" fan) they all look very similar to each other size wise. 

What model is it?

Easy , 9” fans have a hoop, 10” do not . This is ge vortalex, quiet blade & some standard ge’’s starting in tge 1930’s. I’m sure exceptions exist but a quick guide

7 hours ago, Lawrence Smith said:

Easy , 9” fans have a hoop, 10” do not . This is ge vortalex, quiet blade & some standard ge’’s starting in tge 1930’s. I’m sure exceptions exist but a quick guide

You mean a Carrying Handle? 

Levi do a google search to see the difference in the fans. This site is not very user friendly in searching info. There is a list somewhere that breaks down the quiet blade & vortalex fan. It used to be on d t vintage fans . Not sure where it disappeared too

On 1/4/2023 at 6:31 PM, Lawrence Smith said:

You could also tell by model number