My Favorite BB Gun - What's Yours?

Very modified Drozd Blackbird - Made In Russia - bought pre-Obama - He banned the import and sale of all Russian made firearms including this BB gun.

This rifle has switches which set it to fire:  single shot, 3 round bursts, 6 round bursts, and full automatic at rates of fire: 600, 900 and 1,200 rounds per minute. Output pressure is 1,000 pounds up to 1,600 pounds from a 90 cubic inch tank that has a fill capacity of 4,500 pounds. When firing this rifle using a 1,600 output tank the BB's spark as they leave the barrel. On full auto a soup can will be totally shredded in 20 seconds. 

Drozd Full View Left Side.jpg

Drozd Laser.jpg

Drozd Left Side Close.jpg

Drozd Right Side Close.jpg

Drozd Air Set Up Full View.jpg

Drozd Air Tank Regulator Close.jpg

Edited by Terry Fisher
  • Like 3

Wow!, Terry, that's one
bad-ass BB gun.

1,200 rounds per minute...

Output pressure -- 1,600 psi.

Beats the ever-living s#!t
out of the Red Ryder I had
as a kid.

As Santa told Rocky,
    "Be careful or... "

24537042_0.png.0a915f61b7bd5eb51da902553aae0ec3.png

• Like 2

Terry, that thing is amazing; what is the target market for that BB gun.  Has to be adults.  Can’t imagine that in my hands as a kid.  Your title asked “what’s yours”?   As a kid, I grew up shooting anything that moved or looked like it needed to be shot, with my pellet/BB gun.  I remember collecting detailed plastic Roman Soldiers.  When I decided one day that their time on earth was over, I shot them all, one at a time.  I  was very proud of it and used it for years and I still have this Pellet/bb gun somewhere. About 45 pumps turned this into a dangerous gun.  This is it exactly on eBay currently at $40.  

image.thumb.jpeg.d21cdcd4b9123a5bcd4cc860c266573e.jpeg

Posted (edited)

It is great  that you still have that rifle. Was it made by Crossman? I Always wanted a pellet rifle when I was a kid because that was real fire power and a real status thing for a kid. But My parents allowed only a BB rifle.

Edited by Terry Fisher

2 hours ago, Terry Fisher said:

It is great  that you still have that rifle. Was it made by Crossman? I Always wanted a pellet rifle when I was a kid because that was real fire power and a real status thing for a kid. But My parents allowed only a BB rifle.

I dug it out out of curiosity.  I was taught gun safety at an early age, but I think I was given too much leeway. A few years later I was allowed to take a .22 rifle alone in the woods.  
image.thumb.jpeg.4badcc3bb24b18b3b58fffb32d61dd1f.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Thought it looked like a Crosman. My cousin had one of those and let me shoot it. I thought that was really cool. He was a lot older than me so was a Big Boy.  

Your rifle may be a collectible someday.

Edited by Terry Fisher

2 hours ago, Terry Fisher said:

What is that? Looks like a Taliban weapon.

Before the Taliban, and not a BB gun, I posted it as your Drozd made me think of it. It is a MG-42, Hitler's buzz saw. Your Drozd shoots BBs at up to 600 per minute, the MG-42 shoots 8MM bullets at a rate of potentially up to 1,500 + rounds per minute.  One man shoots in controlled bursts, another man changes out the barrel every 200-250 rounds. 🙂 

Bild-101I-587-2253-15.jpg

My Drozd will fire 600, 900 or 1,200 rounds per minute. So I can imagine 1,500 rounds per minute must have been devastating. Shooting automatic weapons in bursts provides much better accuracy than full automatic. I also have a 30 caliber pellet rifle that will fire in full auto. It also is more accurate when shooting in bursts.

1 hour ago, Terry Fisher said:

My Drozd will fire 600, 900 or 1,200 rounds per minute

I missed the 900-1,200 rounds part. I am not up with these types of weapons, so my knowledge is limited. I have watched a few episodes of American Air Gunner. It is amazing what they have achieved with velocity, accuracy, and large calibers with compressed air weapons.  I like long guns with scopes that go bang and make my shoulder sore. 🙂

Edited by Russ Huber

6 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

This chunk of iron shoots a pretty big BB. Do you recognize the scope?

IMG_3125.JPG

1875 model C-Sharps 45/70 with 8X DZ Arms optic and mounting hardware. It comes as a kit, lens covers and all. If you know the scope, DZ arms are in your backyard roughly 20 minute drive from your home. Lol! Stop in sometime and talk to Dan. 

DZ Arms Custom Rifles - DZ Arms (dzhepburn.com)

Edited by Russ Huber

Terry, your Pedersoli and Malcom scope make an attractive effective I am sure combination. I was just kind of taken back that you live so close to DZ Arms, I just ordered that scope kit from them a few months back. I didn't put DZ Arms and your location together until you mentioned your Pedersoli 45/70. The C-Sharps originally had a tang sight that has been retired. Sorry to get so off track on your BB gun post, but it was fun none the less.

Can't believe I did not know about them. Thanks for the link. I've will visit their store to inquire about engraving since I have a rolling block and several other old style (new) replicas.

It looks like your scope my be easier to adjust and perhaps with more accuracy than my scope adjustment system. Those tang sights are cool looking but the old style scopes are cool looking too.

After shooting my Sharps I know that Matthew Quigley could not have been accurate without using sticks but it is a great movie. After watching Quigley Down Under I had to get a sharps. One of the best cowboy movies ever! His Sharps 45/120 would really hurt a shoulder.   

8 minutes ago, Terry Fisher said:

Can't believe I did not know about them. Thanks for the link. I've will visit their store to inquire about engraving since I have a rolling block and several other old style (new) replicas.

It looks like your scope my be easier to adjust and perhaps with more accuracy than my scope adjustment system. Those tang sights are cool looking but the old style scopes are cool looking too.

After shooting my Sharps I know that Matthew Quigley could not have been accurate without using sticks but it is a great movie. After watching Quigley Down Under I had to get a sharps. One of the best cowboy movies ever! His Sharps 45/120 would really hurt a shoulder.   

The distinct advantage WE have with these modern replica QUALITY made rifles is we can load the charges rather stiff and experiment without worry of them blowing up in our face. There is an original 1884 Cadet trap door 45/70 here that one has to watch your Ps and Qs with. All I can shoot in it is wimpy loads that you volley over to the target and hope you get within a foot of the bullseye. Lol. 

Here is a video of long-range shots done with a 45/70 Shiloh sharps with a DZ scope.