Recent ceiling fan acquisitions, the motherload

Louis Weedman

Great finds Louis !  I've got 3 of those little Hunter ceiling fans, bought locally, the last of new old stock at Miller Hardware in 1985. Mounted them in my office where they have been in near daily use for 38 years now,  servicing hot flashes and sweltering summer heat & humidity.

On 1/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, Geoff Dunaway said:

Great finds Louis !  I've got 3 of those little Hunter ceiling fans, bought locally, the last of new old stock at Miller Hardware in 1985. Mounted them in my office where they have been in near daily use for 38 years now,  servicing hot flashes and sweltering summer heat & humidity.

Hi Doc, I’d love to see pics of those Hunter’s you’ve got hanging at the office! 

• 2 weeks later...

Louis-

Post some more pictures of this if you would please? This looks to be a DC Westinghouse...or maybe a Wagner? It looks familiar to my eyes...

3F558B14-B734-432F-86C6-6068EE990C29.jpeg

Edited by Evan Atkinson

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have any snap switches that would work on a 1920 or 1930s GE Ceiling Fan? I just bought one on facebook marketplace and I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow and its missing its snap switch, its also missing its original blades and blade irons.