Tony Clayton

Here are some original phots courtesy of my fellow fan friend Dennis Lebow.

I think I'm spot on with the correct patina. Add a little dust and who would know it's not original?

Thanks for sharing the photos Dennis. 

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

• Like 1

Words really can’t begin to describe how impressed I am with the end result of your product. All the careful planning, material selections, and trial and error that goes into something like this should not be understated. 

Bravo Tony!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gary Hagan said:

Words really can’t begin to describe how impressed I am with the end result of your product. All the careful planning, material selections, and trial and error that goes into something like this should not be understated. 

Bravo Tony!

Not only has Tony self taught himself, he has mastered this skill. Investing in the equipment, learning and implementing weave patterns, dyes, sourcing not only correct gauge wire, but identifying vendors with wire to carry same flex or rigid patterns. The amount of time alone spent on the threading from thickness and density of cotton to silk would impress anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary Hagan said:

Bravo Tony!

Thanks Gary. Looking forward to the next chapter on this Edison.

1 hour ago, Chris Campbell said:

Not only has Tony self taught himself, he has mastered this skill. Investing in the equipment, learning and implementing weave patterns, dyes, sourcing not only correct gauge wire, but identifying vendors with wire to carry same flex or rigid patterns. The amount of time alone spent on the threading from thickness and density of cotton to silk would impress anyone.

Thanks for the kind words Chris. Always waiting for the next challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Clayton said:

Thanks Dan.

I am not familiar with this tubing. Is this no longer available ?

Yes, they stopped making them a long time ago.
There are several different styles. If you want, I will collect and send the original sample to you.

Hope you can reproduce them.

In todays world shipping them to me would be cost prohibitive. Can you provide photos and measurements of the vintage items? Shipping has gotten out of control. Im currently trying to dig out from underneath my current order load. I would entertain trying once i catch up if your not in a rush.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:12 AM, Dan Nguyen said:

I hope your next project will be Varnished Glass Fiber Insulation tubing vintage style.

111s.jpg

I looked into this Dan. For me to make something like this it would not be cost effective. Costing me more to make than something that is commercially available.

A spool of thread alone is $60.00

This company your photo is from is quite expensive at $39.00 for 6 inches.

But it can be had much cheaper online for mere pennies per foot, depending on the size you seek.

Any interested parties pm me. I will share the details.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:12 AM, Dan Nguyen said:

I hope your next project will be Varnished Glass Fiber Insulation tubing vintage style.

111s.jpg

Here you go Dan.

20230214_175213.jpg

• Like 3