MW cast iron motor box

Lawrence Smith

that was a really awesome window fan...the video should have shown the telescoping window mount arms too...i am trying at this point to pack up and part wit the one-tonners like  that one and have more lightweight stuff...i would be happy with one i would just never haul it up to the attic again it would stay mounted in the window under the curtains 

I DONT NEED A NOTHER MONSTER HEAVY ONE, GLAD IT IS IN A GOOD HOME, BUST JUST SAYIN IF IT WAS MINE IT WOULDNT MAKE THE WINTER TRIP TO THE THIRD FLOOR...I CAN TELL HOW HEAVY IT IS  JUST LOOKING AT IT.... HORROR OF HORRORS IN MY OLD AGE I AM LIKING LIGHTER WEIGHT FANS SOME WITH PLASTIC BLADES ....GAAAK 

I LOVE THE WHIRL AIRE IN THE BACK GROUND! THIS MW FAN IS A BEAST , REPAINT THE GRILLES AND CAREFULLY CLEAN THE VINIYL/FABRIC DEISNG ISNERT AND IT WILL LOOK LIKE NEW..IF I HAD ONE OF THOSE IT WOULD HANG IN THE WINDOW AND STAY THERE... IT WEIGHS A TON 

• 2 weeks later...

I had absolutely no idea of any portable fans using EM&S motors. Truly a remarkable fan you have there. Seems there are a few variants of these out there that I have somehow missed over the years. There are many various HVAC units out there with these motors still in use! I bet this fan ran smooth as glass when it was new. We used to make such nice things. EM&S had such a cool concept with this integrated motor and hub assembly, and I wish it caught on more. Probably was massively expensive to produce.