Light Fixture Attachments for Remington Ceiling fan

Gordon Goss

Hello members. I purchased this antique fan yesterday. I'm a antique clock collector by heart, but light fixtures somewhat. It took me a while to figure out that this is a light fixture attachment for a ceiling fan. Does anyone have any information the attachment. I can't find any info. I don't know how to insert from URL, so I put three pics of facebook, Thanks, Gordon https://www.facebook.com/

My opinion is someone has modified a light fixture to make it work on the fan. That is an Emerson Long Nose fan & the light would have been 4 light arms screwed into the nose of the fan. You could order the fan with a light fitter & the switch was installed on top of the motor. With an "after markey fixture, the switch is inaccessible.

There is a pull chain switch on the side of the fitter. A 1" metal bar screws into the top of the fitter, and then into the fan. The only "fitters", which I kept trying to pull up light fixture for fan, I did not know the term fitter, but all I could pull up is a single light fitter. These sure were complicated fans back then, I have yet to take the fan apart but have seen pics of all the components. Thanks for the info Stan....

The fan looks like a 32" six-blade Longnose.  These were in production from 1925-1930 and are sought-after if complete.  Blades and irons can be a bit tough to find.

Here's a video of the one I restored.

You can see that it has a cast iron fitter sized for a 6" lip glass globe.

• Like 1

Sure is a nice fan, must take a lot of work to restore. This is the only antique fan, I've really looked at before. They sure don't make them like that anymore. I did not try to wire it to turn on. It's that light fitter that had me interested.

Gordon,

Is this fan complete with blades?  I visit Sugar Land periodically, so I could restore it for you if you'd like.

Thanks, but it's missing the blades. I restore antique clocks, and might give this a chance, because of that antique"fitter" that seems so unusual. I'm going to run some electric to it today see if it runs. Thanks for the offer to help.

• Like 1