Recomendations on where to sell antique & vintage fans

Chuck Brittain

Hello AFCA people - I have several fans I need to part with including an Emerson 45641 square tag and 46641 round tag that were refinished around 1975 and been in storage since 1993+/-.  Both in very good to excellent condition but given I do not have a grading standard.  Full working with switch box speed controls. Also have 3 or more GE &/or other mfgr table fans that I have not really looked at yet.  I suppose there is eBay, Esty but maybe some where better or in addition.  Also, where could I get a rough approximation on what I should be asking/selling them for? A few pics included.

DE068CB2-104F-4D3B-8626-B6E172F75BCE_1_105_c.jpeg

A84A2034-6B5D-483A-833D-9750BA8E060A_1_105_c.jpeg

647A6AD5-C26E-4A9B-A64D-F7319B11240E_1_105_c.jpeg

7C7CCEC3-B9C7-46C4-8404-E944BD15A79F_1_105_c.jpeg

5C2E24AB-7E3A-481D-B5A2-573DD5AB03A6_1_105_c.jpeg

0BB9CFDA-3E4F-47CA-B1F5-BB8FAF23D672_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Chuck, welcome to the club! Your first Emerson ceiling fan is called a Longnose, and it looks like the switch area has been modified (at the bottom of the nose) because it has that decorative cover which is not original. It could be missing the snap switch under that cover, which would decrease the value of the fan. The square tag is probably a Roundnose, though I can't tell for sure without more pictures. If they both have the original blades and brackets, that's a plus. Post some pictures of the three desk fans if you want info on those too. I wouldn't recommend shipping ceiling fans, so you might want to sell those as local pickup which would decrease the pool of potential buyers. You can look at sold listings on eBay for an idea of what your fans are worth, but keep in mind stuff on eBay usually goes for a little to a lot more than collectors will pay. While that is a plus for eBay, there are downsides as well, such as high fees, dealing with tax junk if you sell more than $600 per year, etc. Also, keep in mind that buyers on eBay always get their way, so if your buyer happens to be unsatisfied that could be a complete loss. I recommend posting your fans on the For Sale section of this site. While buyers probably aren't as competitive here, there are no fees or taxes, and the members here are great people. Ebay is the only place I can think of where you might get more for your fans than you can get here.

If you’re anywhere near South Louisiana, there is a large fan meet in Thibodaux this weekend. The long nose looks like a Phil Frey restoration.

There is also a meet in Sarasota, Florida this weekend as well. Meets are a great outlet for larger fans, and also a great way to meet new friends and maybe drag some new fans home!

Thank you all for your comments and especially you Noah.  I have looked on eBay for fans sold a bit but need to look some more.  Over the next few days I'll put some more pictures up of all the fans I need to move out.  Also, probably list some of them on various sales sites.  Shipping would be a big issue due to weight and correctly packing so no damage.  I definitely see that as a challenge with risk.  Again, Thanks to you All.  & a few more pics.  Chuck

76870BAD-B0F8-43C3-960A-28925EF405C2_1_105_c.jpeg

B76B525B-327D-48B4-8FD0-5460FCD1AFA8_1_105_c.jpeg

9D474542-D93E-4B54-BB49-EB4353C4FF63_1_105_c.jpeg