AEG quiet blade?

Alex Koh

While there are similarities between the companies , AEG was not a subsidiary or in any way a branch of GE.

When it was founded in Berlin by Emil Rathenau in 1883 it was called Deutsche Edison Gesellschaft - since they were producing lamps and bulbs under license from Edison, in 1887 they changed the name to Allgemeine Elektricitäts Gesellschaft AEG.

In the early electrical years many European companies looked to and cooperated with American companies - therefore we see sometimes similar products or names.

Like AEG , the Britisch General Electric Company GEC was founded as an independent company- unrelated to the American GE.

The Italian CGE , however, was founded in 1921 and owned and managed by GE

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had one of those back in the day and I believe Ralf is the new owner.

interestingly, while the blade looks like the GE version, it is actually not.  The AEG blade is much heavier as well as a few other differences. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paul Pierson said:

I had one of those back in the day and I believe Ralf is the new owner.

interestingly, while the blade looks like the GE version, it is actually not.  The AEG blade is much heavier as well as a few other differences. 

I noticed the blades profile is a lot smoother then the ge. How much different do the AEGs' sound compared to the ge. Are they quieter?