Emerson 26646 & 29646 stator interchange ok?

Lane Shirey

I’d appreciate some feedback from someone who knows for sure if a 29646 stator and 26646 are the same.  I have a 26646 with bad stator and a parts 29646 donor.  Both have the same number of bars on the rotor and appear to be the same size. 

And for certain will the 29646 rotor work with the 26646 switch? I don’t want to risk damaging it. 

my only concern is that the 29646 rotor is stamped with the same number. The 26646 rotor is stamped “14646” . Last question, is it best to use the 29646 rotor with the 29646 stator or doesn’t it matter? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 
Cheers, 

Lane

Are you sure you want to disable an oscillator for a stationary fan?  If so, go for it. They are both Emerson 12" small motor 4  pole stators. You aren't going to kill anything. Miss matched type numbers for LIKE motors on the rotors is not uncommon. 

Edited by Russ Huber

Not the the same but would probably work, the 29 series was wound different than previous. That’s why the common & run windings are connected differently. Swapping rotors will not hurt anything especially just to briefly test. 
I did something similar with Westinghouse & no harm came , the rotor either worked fine or just hummed. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lawrence Smith said:

Not the the same but would probably work, the 29 series was wound different than previous. That’s why the common & run windings are connected differently. Swapping rotors will not hurt anything especially just to briefly test. 
I did something similar with Westinghouse & no harm came , the rotor either worked fine or just hummed. 

Isn’t the 26xxx simply the non oscillating version of the 29xxx?  Not necessary earlier? 

1 hour ago, Russ Huber said:

Are you sure you want to disable an oscillator for a stationary fan?  If so, go for it. They are both Emerson 12" small motor 4  pole stators. You aren't going to kill anything. Miss matched type numbers for LIKE motors on the rotors is not uncommon. 

The 29646 is only a head. No base, cage, blade. Perfect donor. 

1 minute ago, Chris Campbell said:

28 non osc version of 29

26/27 same

You should be able to swap 26 with 29 and use a 29 designated choke

Thanks Chris!  So, I really should look for a 27 donor to be able to use the existing 26 switch? 

Edited by Lane Shirey
  • Like 1

Anybody have any pics and specs for a 29646 switch? I have a few different switches I’ve acquired over the years but they weren’t marked.  I might have one to go with the 29646 parts if I can’t find an earlier stator. 

27xxx and earlier for a 26xxx. I used a 29646 switch in my 27xxx and made it work after swapping wires around but it still ran slightly high on amps so I only use it with a speed control plug. So I assume the reverse will cause similar issues to get the right wire combo and it not being perfect.

Edited by Trevor Andersen
  • Like 1