Back with another new find, a 16” Hunter Century

William Westmo

I was searching through Nextdoor and found a listing on a another antique- $20 got me an (early 40s?) Hunter Century Type 16 with the cord cut. From what I have found these were not fancy in their day, but are tanks. I have temporarily replaced the cord with what I had lying around to test it, and it works great! All 3 speeds function and it turns on and off. Extremely smooth and a ton of airflow on max speed. A screw is missing on the oscillator and it does have some rust on the base, but I am very happy.  Where are the lubrication points on this fan, and how common are they? S/N is M 682321

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They made a 10" model as well that I really liked. When they are properly lubricated, and the blade is in good balance, they run quiet and smooth.

If ya wanna dress it up a bit I have a 16” Century brass blade.   Minor dings but usable and ready (close) for polishing.  

3DE8636F-08FD-4929-BB8F-3BFC20C876A6.jpeg

830C48C0-B4B3-4975-85FF-45A0A1096195.jpeg

8B86638F-F068-4539-9B16-1A14BB275EAD.jpeg

Edited by John Landstrom

On 3/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, Russ Huber said:

They made a 10" model as well that I really liked. When they are properly lubricated, and the blade is in good balance, they run quiet and smooth.

This is one of the smoothest fans I have ever had. Sitting for almost 30 years and one cable later it immediately kicked over. I can barely hear the motor on all 3 speeds and it moves more air than any fan I have ever had as well. Very happy with it.

On 3/5/2023 at 9:24 PM, John Landstrom said:

If ya wanna dress it up a bit I have a 16” Century brass blade

How much are you asking and where are you shipping from?