6250-G

Arjun Saini

Hello everyone, does anyone know how to balance these things? I’ve kinda tried but no luck 

1 hour ago, Tom Zapf said:

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS ...BRAND? PHOTO? 

Emerson, the golden jubilee 

• 8 months later...

You most likely have to do it yourself. Best way is with a strobe light, but you can get a pencil and attach it to the top of the cage, under the back ring, (you might have to shim the pencil down if it's too high and does not touch the blades) with the eraser facing the blades, then move one blade to the eraser and push the pencil until the eraser just touches the top of blade. Then move the blades to the next one.  Does the next blade touch the eraser in the exact same place? If not bend the blade until it does. Repeat as needed. This is a crude method, but you can get the blades pretty close. You will most likely have to make some adjustments to the pencil so you can get where you want it.

13 hours ago, Steve Sherwood said:

You most likely have to do it yourself. Best way is with a strobe light, but you can get a pencil and attach it to the top of the cage, under the back ring, (you might have to shim the pencil down if it's too high and does not touch the blades) with the eraser facing the blades, then move one blade to the eraser and push the pencil until the eraser just touches the top of blade. Then move the blades to the next one.  Does the next blade touch the eraser in the exact same place? If not bend the blade until it does. Repeat as needed. This is a crude method, but you can get the blades pretty close. You will most likely have to make some adjustments to the pencil so you can get where you want it.

I didn’t feel comfortable trying to mess with it myself so I gave it to George Durbin and gave him a westy blade to balance too

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 4:57 PM, Steve Sherwood said:

Hey, thanks for the response/idea. I actually did the same thing only with my drill press. I used a 5/16 bolt for the shaft, chucked it up and used the up/down table or platform as the "eraser". I managed to get both front and rear of blades VERY close. The only problem left is the angle/curve of each blade. PLUS this is a brass, 4 blade overlapping that had 2 fairly substantially bent in every way possible blades. It still has a vibration but nothing like it was.   Thanks, Walker 

Edited by Gary Walker

5 hours ago, Gary Walker said:

Hey, thanks for the response/idea. I actually did the same thing only with my drill press. I used a 5/16 bolt for the shaft, chucked it up and used the up/down table or platform as the "eraser". I managed to get both front and rear of blades VERY close. The only problem left is the angle/curve of each blade. PLUS this is a brass, 4 blade overlapping that had 2 fairly substantially bent in every way possible blades. It still has a vibration but nothing like it was.   Thanks, Walker 

It’s not brass per say but copper plated 

12 hours ago, Gary Walker said:

Lot of ways to balance blades. Just threw out one way. Stoboscope is the most accurate way. 

• Like 1