Painted badge restoration

Will Novitske

Does someone wish to share the "how to" of repainting a badge that is not embossed? Are there graphic designs available or are they a tightly held fan trade secret?  I've checked all my local sources to help restore (repaint) my Westy badge. Yes, I was offered to have it restored by another but I would like to learn how it's done and hopefully do it myself.  Anybody willing to help? 

Westy badge.jpg

Send it to Tony Clayton- he will restore it to like new condition. Or polish the aluminum and spend hours correcting an image that you can send to a decal company to print. No one that has spent countless hours perfecting an image is going to share that with you.  

Edited by Lane Shirey

Tony has already gracously offered to do it for me. I also know Don Coleman does what he can.  I would like to learn how to do it myself or at least try and fail. Are these restorations painted on or are they decals?  How were they manufactured originally? Were they printed on flat stock and then cut and pressed into shape? Any info. on the modern process and original process would help. Thank you