16" BMY blade questions

Kyle Koser

Currently working on a 16" BMY but need help identifying the blades - the 2 rivets instead of 3 have me stumped. I got this at an estate sale earlier this year, with the incorrect cage and chicken wire mesh for "safety". The fan runs, so I figured its worth saving. Its a non CSS, tall base that swivels and tilts. Chad @ Antique fan parts had a brass cage, struts, and hardware necessary and have already been delivered. Before I get too carried away in cleaning and finishing I'd like to know what blade this is! I think it looks good and fits the fan just fine. I've read the BMY Thread on the old forum, tons of helpful info. I think this will look great next to my 12" BMY(waiting for restoration). Serial number for this fan is: 474674 and based on the BMY Thread its probably a 1911 model.

Guess the blade and thanks for the help!

Blade4.jpg.e865fba21bdffbd6649911ff91356a24.jpgBlade1.jpg.098459daf662fb984842843691633b40.jpgBlade2.jpg.08e3321eead6984a6f87a6b494928225.jpgBlade3.jpg.e8e48e87043328f9f3295bed2d97e1ac.jpg

The two together:

16and14BMY.jpg.62643868379d2a4e67576b34490411a7.jpg

Thanks for the help! 

I have a 12" tab base DC with those curved blades. At first I thought wrong blade. At Indy show last year a 16 showed up, tab base DC. Same blade type, my exact fan in every way but 16. It confirmed my blade set was correct. Either the blade set showed up earlier or the tab DC's were made for awhile...

That's my DC Peerless Michael. It has the flatter blade. I would think that the curved blade on yours is not original, but I suppose never say never. The DC Peerless tab foots don't come up too often to compare.

Thanks for all the information, definitely learning some things with this first BMY of mine. I'll keep the Peerless blade for now, and keep an eye out for the correct blade later on. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll find a 16" Peerless with a GE blade! 

2 hours ago, Michael Rathberger said:

Prior to the Indy show I would have agreed Tom. 1 is an anomaly, two is pretty much confirmation. 

3 or 4 examples could really raise some hell.