Caframo 808 from 1960's? Bet you haven't seen one of these!

Landon Straus

Heres an odd fan I picked up last summer. The grey base alone weighs as much as the rest of the fan. ridiculously heavy for it's size. Blade is aluminum and was stripped and re-painted. The original black paint was starting to let go. Base was repainted due to light surface rust. The original grey was a tiny bit darker. Ran perfectly when I got it. Has all original parts even cord and switch. The blade has four holes, like common fan blades used with unit bearing motors- But this one has a unique cast aluminum hub permanently affixed to attach it to the shaft using a set screw. Only things missing is the custom rubber insert that fit into the slot on the base. It had desiccated and fell apart. There likely was more rubber mounted in the back using the two small holes.

This is such a unique fan, and it rips! very powerful and somewhat quiet. Has a nice sound to it. Two speed Electrohome motor. No other real mention of these online. Couple pictures from the usual suspects, but I've never seen one before this. The weight and way It's built leads me to believe it was a commercial product when new. I had to share it in hopes there are more out there, and if anyone knows more about them, or other possible similar models.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image3.jpg

thumbnail_image4.jpg

On 3/13/2023 at 12:40 PM, Tom Zapf said:

I HAVE NEVER SEE ONE LIKE IT AND I SOLD CAFRAMO FANS IN THE 1980S 

ohh neat! I live a few hrs drive away from their factory, and see tons of their fans all the time but never this one. Seems late 60's/early 70's based on the Electrohome motor design. Fan is way overbuilt, especially by Canadian standards for stuff like this.