12” Jandus

Bobby Gaines

Just acquired the Jandus 12” stationary fan. To start with what kind of rubber feet does it take and where would you find them? Also it is missing the rear bearing cap, who my have one or be able to make one.

66226E9C-3969-433C-B2C3-27258022F705.jpeg

CF86FA33-ADBC-46A4-B483-D6620FAAAD41.jpeg

02B750F4-D65B-4A08-9B62-62A9FCD61BC9.jpeg

Pretty sure that is a GE BMY motor.   What does the bottom look like?  Holes for feet?  Or a channel?

16 minutes ago, Bobby Gaines said:

To start with what kind of rubber feet does it take and where would you find them? 

Credit to Vic Valencheck/Jim Humphrey. McMaster Carr - 5508T41

161_141522_550000000.jpg

80282_141952_050000000.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

Vic, how did you glue it in place? I tried that and the first time I moved the fan, the strip fell out.  

13 hours ago, Lane Shirey said:

Vic, how did you glue it in place? I tried that and the first time I moved the fan, the strip fell out.  

I haven’t put the strip on my base yet but I was thinking 100% clear silicone would hold it.

4 hours ago, Mark Behrend said:

I haven’t put the strip on my base yet but I was thinking 100% clear silicone would hold it.

I talked to Jim Humphrey today on the phone. I, like you, have not inserted the silicon rubber strip into the base yet.  Jim did use Vic's method successfully.  He stated he used epoxy glue within the grove equally spacing applications of the epoxy. In a nutshell, it can be held in with the right glue. 

FWIW....I don't like the color of the silicon strip, so I tried going over it with a black Sharpy. It is not perfect, but it darkens it up.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 5:25 AM, Lane Shirey said:

I sparingly used contact cement. I did it on my wire yoke as well as my C frame.

• Thanks 1