R&M Knob

Louis Luu

I have no clue about this fan or what year.  All I was told is the originals are made of pot metal and there is a big demand for it.  At one time, I did see a picture of the fan....not my cup of tea.  I made this awhile back and it was fairly expensive to have it printed in steel.  I thought the price did not justify the cost for the fan.  Anyway....I found another company and their price is fairly reasonable.  Printed steel is $114....to me it is not worth the price.   Printed aluminum is $82....reasonable but still too high for me.  I'm making this available nonetheless if you deem this fan worthy of the cost.  Email me and I'll order the thing....add another $20 for drawing and me shipping it.

image.png.9f17ff2b78838c56c035946ce284bbd5.png

6 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Printed aluminum is $82....reasonable but still too high for me. 

Since you opened a can of worms, if you wanted to help, I am confident a number of people here would appreciate, Dayton Fan & Motor Achilles heel. You would have to test the waters for interest.

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Since you opened a can of worms, if you wanted to help, I am confident a number of people here would appreciate, Dayton Fan & Motor Achilles heel. You would have to test the waters for interest.

image.jpeg

Fan does not appeal to me.  I like the dangerous finger chopping type or lots of brass.

39 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Fan does not appeal to me.  I like the dangerous finger chopping type or lots of brass.

I don't need one. I was thinking of others in need.

7 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

I don't need one. I was thinking of others in need.

I don't need one either....Just making it available for others.

6 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Just making it available for others.

Good!  Can't wait to see them done in the flesh, along with I am sure a number of others.

9 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Good!  Can't wait to see them done in the flesh, along with I am sure a number of others.

I have my doubts this will bring that much interest.  I am certain this will bring more interest instead.

image.thumb.png.a7870697970d4d174c1de15d05b936f0.png

15 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

I have my doubts this will bring that much interest.  I am certain this will bring more interest instead.

image.thumb.png.a7870697970d4d174c1de15d05b936f0.png

3euxk7.jpg

Just now, Russ Huber said:

3euxk7.jpg

Guilty.  Sorry for the paranoia...when you posted the link....motor did not have a chance to be shipped yet.  I was scared the seller would be spooked.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:24 PM, Louis Luu said:

Guilty.  Sorry for the paranoia...when you posted the link....motor did not have a chance to be shipped yet.  I was scared the seller would be spooked.

You're right Louis, Paranoid is on target. The auction link was deleted on the 14th off of the De Mott post. You had the De Mott post deleted while your motor was in transit and you had the tracking number from the seller.

12 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

You're right Louis, Paranoid is on target. The auction link was deleted on the 14th off of the De Mott post. You had the De Mott post deleted while your motor was in transit and you had the tracking number from the seller.

Tell me which admin I talked to to get the post deleted.  I see you are like me....no life.

42 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

I see you are like me....no life.

Trust me, I am not like you, but I wish you only the best on getting a life. Sincerely. 

1 minute ago, Russ Huber said:

Trust me, I am not like you, but I wish you only the best on getting a life. Sincerely. 

I'll never be as great at research as you.  I'll settle with blindly googling.

1 minute ago, Louis Luu said:

I'll never be as great at research as you.  I'll settle with blindly googling.

I don't see myself above others. I have researched alongside Loren Haroldson, Steve Rockwell, Jim Kovar, Jeff Lumsden, etc. here. It is called teamwork. 

3 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

I don't see myself above others. I have researched alongside Loren Haroldson, Steve Rockwell, Jim Kovar, Jeff Lumsden, etc. here. It is called teamwork. 

Again....I blindly search till I hit a brick wall and turn around.  All this over a post you claim I deleted.  Why don't you reach out to admin and see if it is recoverable.  If not, move on.  I had nothing to do with it.  You can choose to believe what you want.  I actually enjoy reading the post.  Sometimes things get out of hand...yes it is fun for me but gets boring really quick.