DeMott - Moderator please help.

Louis Luu

A member contacted me and asked me why I deleted the a previous post.  I simply asked on Monday to have the eBay link removed as the fan just barely ended and had not post/ship yet.  It was not my intention to have the post deleted.  I simply asked to have the link removed due to an abundance of caution due to past history of people contacting seller and undercutting the legitimate auction.  If possible, please restore the previous post.  If you are reading this and emailed me, please accept my sincerest apologies...I misread your email!

Can't say you're out of line. Only about 20% would have known what it was while on eBay. I had it pegged as a fan motor because of the raised base but did not know the manufacturer or year.

The seller has 896 sales and 100% feedback. There was no blade on the motor, the seller did not have a clue he had De Mott, let alone a potential fan motor. That is a no brainer as all you would have to do is check out the completed listing title and content. If someone would have wanted to manipulate the auction, or steal from the winner, and the seller was croaked, it would have happened.

Louis requested the completed auction listing link be removed from the De Mott post on the 13/14th. It was done.

Below is Louis's message to me copied and pasted from today. He is clearly stating his purchase is in transit. He claims in the message it was to arrive today. So, he would with little doubt have a tracking number from the seller. His fear is he is going to get a brick instead of a motor. So, if the package is in transit with expected delivery today, what benefit is there to delete the post yesterday/today. If the seller is sending you a brick instead of a motor, the issue in this case would be with the seller, not the De mott Motor post.

"The motor is worth a lot....I just barely won.  The motor was listed under the wrong catetory.  There were also several fan bidders.  The motor was not posted yet/ship.  In previous past, there was some person who talked the seller into not shipping the motor even though it had won....I was a bit worried.  I know you did not mean to do it.  So just to be on the safe side, I asked to have only the link deleted.  I don't mind you posting the link after the fan is shipped. 

The motor is supposed to arrive today and I'm praying it is not a brick....in previous past, sellers have done this before just to claim item was shipped even though it is the wrong item." ~ Louis Luu 

Edited by Russ Huber

As I have stated....I did not request removal of the post.  I only requested removal of the eBay link.  I have already contacted admin.  Some of us here have experience sellers selling different items than describe or have had people contact seller to negate the auction.  Again, I did not request removal of your post, just the eBay link.

Edited by Louis Luu

In any event, the motor just arrived 30 minutes ago.  Thank you for not posting listing right away after auctions has ended.  I generally do not post listing of eBay sales for at least a good 2 to 3 days.

I would have guessed bigger.

Lost a nice plug outfit last month on ebay. Hit a BIN, paid, then 3 hours later got a cancellation of the purchase. Nothing more irritating....

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

As I have stated....I did not request removal of the post.  I only requested removal of the eBay link.  I have already contacted admin.  Some of us here have experience sellers selling different items than describe or have had people contact seller to negate the auction.  Again, I did not request removal of your post, just the eBay link.

The ebay link was removed by the 14th. It was my, Rockwell, Lumsden research post that was removed, I started the post, I was not notified it would be removed.  It appears Steve was a bit surprised, as was I.  Maybe Louis can do the fan motor history from here on.  Somebody deleted the post, why? Silence isn't golden on this one.

All deleted?~Steve Rockwell

I too would have guessed bigger.  I talked to Mike Petree.  He has had 3 of them in his shop.  He says the size of the one I purchase is the only one he has come across.  I was a big surprise on the size myself.

1 minute ago, Russ Huber said:

The ebay link was removed by the 14th. It was my, Rockwell, Lumsden research post that was removed, I started the post, I was not notified it would be removed.  It appears Steve was a bit surprised, as was I.  Maybe Louis can do the fan motor history from here on.  Somebody deleted the post, why? Silence isn't golden on this one.

All deleted?~Steve Rockwell

Again, not me.  I already contacted several admin to try to have the post reinstated.  I too enjoyed reading it and have nothing to gain by having the entire post deleted.  Don't believe me....contact admin yourself.

I only noticed the post disappeared today.   Moderators are volunteers and do make mistakes.  If the deletion was not intentional, why make it a big deal.  Yes, I agree, there was a lot of information I wish I would have had time to read.  But pointing fingers at me and asking me to do my own research....please.  I have better things to do.  I've already contacted admin to see if the post can be reinstated. 

A recent message exchange between Stan Adams and myself. Thank you, Stan.

Stan,

Can you please tell me who deleted the De Mott post, and why? You have always been straight up and good towards me, why was it deleted? ~Russ Huber

"I don't know. George Durbin sent me a text saying the buyer wanted it deleted as he was afraid someone would offer more than the winning bid."  ~Stan Adams

Now I am sure Louis is going to do multiple posts on how incurably innocent he is, but I got it straight from Stan. That is why I like Stan.

1 hour ago, Michael Rathberger said:

...BIN, paid, then 3 hours later got a cancellation of the purchase.

You got TM'ed, eh?

1363362587_images(4).png.76a2ba4b5c9376691f83f09de504763e.png

It has happened before...

What was the excuse?
    Got broken?,...
               got stolen?,...
          got  lost?

32 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Stan,

Can you please tell me who deleted the De Mott post, and why? You have always been straight up and good towards me, why was it deleted? ~Russ Huber

"I don't know. George Durbin sent me a text saying the buyer wanted it deleted as he was afraid someone would offer more than the winning bid."  ~Stan Adams

Now I am sure Louis is going to do multiple posts on how incurably innocent he is, but I got it straight from Stan. That is why I like Stan.

Here is a message from George to me.  Next you are going to claim I photoshop it.

image.thumb.png.dfbad926f1a74ea9004bbe3301ff63f6.png

14 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

Here is a message from George to me.  Next you are going to claim I photoshop it.

image.thumb.png.dfbad926f1a74ea9004bbe3301ff63f6.png

George sent a message to me on Tuesday the 14th. I removed the auction link on the same day. The De Mott Post was deleted today/Yesterday? 

Just now, Russ Huber said:

George sent a message to me on Tuesday the 14th. I removed the auction link on the same day. The De Mott Post was deleted today/Yesterday? 

Again...not me.  Find the person I talked to to have the post remove.  I have better things to do.  Yes, these little exchange does provide some fun but bores me after awhile.  Go do you search for the person who remove the post and ask if I talked to them.  The only conversation I have was on Tuesday before work to have the link remove.  That is all.  Heck....you can even start a post asking for which admin remove it.  At least I tried to start a post to get it reinstated.

58 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Stan,

Just now, Russ Huber said:

Again, I just talked to Stan and ask him to help reinstate it.  He said he had nothing to do with it.  He did say there was a message asking him to remove the link.  Again, I have no problem with the post.  It would have been nice to not post the link right after a sale.  I at least email to ask politely to have the link remove.  I did not ask to have post deleted.  I actually enjoyed the post.  Now go dig deeper and start your own post and find out who deleted the post and if I had requested the post be deleted.  All I ask was link be remove.  Healthy paranoia is a good thing....it prevents me from doing stupid crap.  Now go do some digging before you start accusing me of having the post remove.  I have better things to do than to mess with you. 

1 minute ago, Rod Rogers said:

Just for clarity, I did not remove anything to do with this.

Rod

I believe you.  I also appreciate the volunteer work you do.  Please don't delete post....just entertainment.

4 minutes ago, Rod Rogers said:

Just for clarity, I did not remove anything to do with this.

Rod

If possible, can you please reinstate the post "De Mott" I think was the title.  I only noticed the post gone today.  That would resolve this whole mess.  I like the post and would enjoy reading it.

This is what I had on my end before the post was deleted (please bring back if possible).  I did not have a chance to read in great detail. 

Courtesy from Mike Petree:

Courtesy from Jay Carter:

image.thumb.png.36a76d1418b79ead09a2979ec7611eba.png

image.thumb.png.5a370901cde2beb19e013dea58709326.png

image.thumb.png.841bbdf58aad6734e4d9a0a0216db9f4.png

image.thumb.png.2278808849b77c95c8358b130239531a.png

image.thumb.png.73165f88c7d8dc2f96cf1959f826e260.png

image.thumb.png.20c383873a12b6f53972667fa7253176.png