Help pease, should I buy this fan?

Tim Babcock

Seller is asking 400 dollars. Selling it as is. The wiring has been removed at some point. I would have to take into account that there may be electrical issues. Thanks for the help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

It looks like its missing the switch, The add was strange, says not wired works great. I don't know if they tested the motor or not. If I decide to not refurbish it I will give you first shot then put it up on this site for sale if you don't want it. I know what parts are going for so I know these parts are worth what I paid. Any more opinions on this welcome. Any observations by the experts?

Huge red flag just found on this. It ships out of India. Is this a real fan or something they have copied and made from scratch. I did not see where they were out of. With free shipping I did not even think about it being from outside the states. Anything from India is usually a scam right out of the gate. Its second only to China for scams. I have no worries, I paid with my credit card and can dispute it if there are any issues.

I contacted the seller though Etsy and asked to cancel. Its only been an hour. I also called the Credit card company and they said if I canceled right after ordering that I can dispute the charge as soon as it posts to my account. So no worries. Just the free shipping is a huge red flag on something that weights in the area of 20 pounds from India. I have not seen this kind of thing on Etsy, eBay a lot, but not on Etsy. Should have been a bit more careful but it seemed like a great deal and did not want to lose it. If this post helps others its worth it.

This is why I never pay with a debit card. I don't even have one. I have bought some things on gun broker that is check or cash but only from established sellers with a lot of pos feed back.

Edited by Tim Babcock