GE COIN OP buy it?

Mike Morris

It's 'working' only in terms of the fan motor. The missing parts for the coin operation,, *if* you can find them all, will run over what you can buy an actual *complete* fan for. Search here, there's many posts on these and expect Kim  Frank has exploded views of all the pieces.

1 minute ago, Tony Clayton said:

Buy it!

🤣 Who has the missing coin knob? Gears and linkage in nose cone are about $500. Likely the feed screw missing, anyone still make those? Definitely over $100 there... continuity ($75?) switch, vault door ($85?), it adds up FAST!
Don't even THINK he'll  find a counter...

*IF* you can verify the note gears are still there, then, maybe buy it. If anyone still makes or has the coin knob, then it's possible you might complete the project....

If you like it as is, then, yes, Buy it!

21 minutes ago, Mike Morris said:

That is why I asked before spending the money. Thank you for the feedback

Welcome. Do search KF's detailed posts, my search function is giving me trouble right now. But I do see it looks like that coin knob is NOT available:

https://new.afcaforum.com/index.php?/topic/1066-nick-rodnicki-or-someone-else-repop-coin-op-knob/#comment-6704

(There were NO replies since March of 2022.)

Edited by Paul Michael

It looks like the nut holding the nose gear, on the boss nest tho the blade shaft, *is* present in your photo. If so, it is most probable that the nose gears are still present. *But* they could be worn out, and the rocker linkage could also be broken from the previous cruel treatment this fan received.
(Blade removed in photo attached.)

GE_coin-op_Nose_Gear_nut.jpg

Wow no way you found that at an antique mall thats awsome. Its worth buying even if the coin mechanism doesn’t work.

Edited by Quentin Malzahn