GE 55X164 Oscillation version

Louis Luu

That's Great News, Louis... For three years plus I've been wondering about model number, serial number, and those green images posted... Would like to learn all there is to know about that fan.....

Happy Christmas to All.

55x164- William Dunlap-1 copy.png

10 minutes ago, Steve Rockwell said:

That's Great News, Louis... For three years plus I've been wondering about model number, serial number, and those green images posted... Would like to learn all there is to know about that fan.....

Happy Christmas to All.

55x164- William Dunlap-1 copy.png

Steve...sorry for the mystery.  I postpone on giving the real history of the fan.  It is not a GE but a CGE.  I was waiting forever in hopes another one would show up...because the base and gearbox on mine is damage...pot metal.  But sadly, none has shown up.  After I draw up the base and the gearbox, I do have plans to do some...not a lot of casting so a transplant for the GE can be made.  The GE motor will fit as a transplant but the shaft will need to be replace for the fan to oscillate. 

14 minutes ago, Lane Shirey said:

Beautiful Louis, just plain beautiful, and creative! As all of your work is! 

Thanks Lane.  I will be taking a break and working on something a bit easier.  My eBay ad purchase for the "American wind clutch" is supposed to arrive today.  Look forward to drawing this up and adding to my small toy fan collection.

image.png.a61f1d4a27fe1e4f8899a8843078fd8b.png