Shreveport Brookline Ceiling Hung Cast 4 Wing Air Circulator

Russ Huber

4 minutes ago, Stephen Chew said:

I wish I can see but I keep getting bad gateway. The old website is the same.

Try clearing your cache and the cookies for whatever browser you're using.

Interesting in that Bar-Brook was the badge & name on the very early models, then Brookline, then apparently back to the Bar-Brook name.

The answers to this line of circulators as one, or separate entities could more than likely be found in past directories and old newspaper. Google book full reads cut off now around 24. Access to old newspaper on the web is for most part not free. Archive.org which is free has not been very helpful either getting back to the early days of these line of circulators. 

Edited by Russ Huber

Mr. George Taylor Barnes, whose father was City Engineer... If anyone's looking deeply into this, I suspect the Shreveport Engineering Co. would be where to look.....

AFCA-2.png

Shreveport Eng 1946B.jpeg

Edited by Steve Rockwell

There is a transformer bolted to the back of the motor definitely original to the fan with what appears to be wound to give the fan 3 speeds. My example was rewired inside and has a porcelain pull chain ceiling switch mounted inside wired that gives it two speeds of high and medium/low.  Anyone have one of these apart and see a multi-circuit levolier in theirs? Or, does yours have a porcelain pull chain switch? 

The center top threading on the switch allows the switch to be mounted inside the housing perfectly for the pull chain guide to protrude out the housing hole. My gut instincts still tell me the switch was originally a 3 speed levolier. Am I right?

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

Hey Russ, yours is evidently a much newer model than mine. Mine are all single speed with a pull chain switch & no choke. The rear bullet back on mine does not have space for a choke coil.

• 1 month later...