Auction Finds (Emerson)

Tristan Crider

Found this crusty Emerson at a local online auction and after cleaning it up and putting a new cord on it runs flawlessly! Also found this cool Westinghouse Watt meter.. It has the instructions inside and was last inspected in 1919" No idea how it works but I like it. 

00000008.jpg

IMG_20220107_164942_793.jpg

00000013.JPG

00000014.JPG

• Like 1

Gotta love how well your fan has withstood the test of time. Wire, lube, elbow grease... That's all your Emerson needs and it'll outlast any of us!

• Like 1

That is a transitional 27646. The early run models for 1919 ended the use of the embossed speed numbers in the base and use of the "Ratchet cast" oscillator wheel. 

What is your serial number, please? 

Emersondetent2.jpg

Emersondetent1.jpg

• Like 1

Here ya go Russ. This says 24646. I have a 24666 with 6 blades and same base and handle but with a brass cage. 

20220107_171802.jpg

20220107_171818.jpg

Edited by Tristan Crider
  • Like 1

You fooled me. Your fan is a 24xxx type model and correct. I have a few 24646 models in storage with brass guard and cast hub blade. I should have known better as your base is characteristic of a 24xxx type model. Somewhere during the 1917 season Emerson not only added the carry handle, they went to a steel guard with new stamped badge,steel struts, and stamped blade hub. Enjoy your toys!

If the blades aren't bent ,runs good and your happy ,you did not pay too much.

When I started this a few years back I thought I paid too much.Compared to today they were a steal.

I have too many and want many more.That is a very clean fan you have.

Edited by Paul Carmody
  • Like 1