Death wobble on Ge boxer

Arjun Saini

With the two Ge fans I own I noticed they balanced the blades with three small metal weights glued on to the back side of the hub. It could be possible one of them fell off.

I HAVE OFFERED TO BALANCE IT BUT HE IS NOT CLOSE BY AND DOESNT DRIVE YET. I USE A PENNY AND TAPE AND MOVE IT AROUND TO FIND THE RIGHT BALANCE THEN USE AUTO TRIM ADHESIVE TO PERMANENTLY PUT THE PENNY-WEIGHT IN PLACE.....ONCE THE SWEET SPOT IS FOUND. THERE WERE SOMETIMES A BUNCH OF SMALL WEIGHTS GE ATTACHED TO THE HUB AND OVER TIME THEY CAN GET LOST . 

• Like 1

I know my plastic blade GE box fans have a round weight about the size of a penny glued with epoxy inside the hub. I don't know about the metal bladed versions.

NO YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE BLADE OFF. I SCOTCH TAPE A PENNY NEAR THE HUB ON THE BLADE  SO IT WONT FLY OFF, CRANK THE FAN UP TO HIGH AND KEEP MOVING THE PENNY AROUND THE 3 BLADES (NEAR THE HUB BY THE RIVETS OR ON THE SPIDER ON THE BACK SIDE ) UNTIL HIHG SPEED IS SMOOTH. THEY MAKE SURE THIS ALSO WORKS ON MEDIUM AND LOW...THEN I USE AUTOMOTIVE 3M TRIM ADHESIVE GLUE TO KEEP IT THERE. LET IT DRY AND IT SHOULD BE FINE.

I JUST DID THIS THE OTHER NIGHT ON AN 80S FRIGID/ROBESON 20" WINDOW FAN I GOT IN ROB DUFFY'S CLEANOUT. I COULD GET THE RUN PRETTY SMOOTH BUT NOT PERFECT AND NOW WITH THE PENNY METHOD IT IS SMOOTH AS GLASS ON ALL 6 SPEEDS