ebay fans..? scam ?

Geoff Dunaway

Does anyone else sense an information heist of a good sellers account along with pictures of one of Alan Willms' restored Bipolars, Chad Baker's GE wallmount,  and an Emerson FI-1 that I've seen on the auction block before ???   Seller has tremendous feedback record but all in French !   Located in Pacoima, CA ......

I saw those as well. Reported the listings.  Got all giddy when I saw a Tripod listed... Then I realize it's the same pic used a dozen other times in similar scams. 

Scammers are everywhere. I am at the point of, if I can look at it in person or if I know the seller, is the only way I would buy something. I could not tell you the last time I bought a fan on E Bay. 15 years ago? Maybe.

'

1 hour ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

Does anyone else sense an information heist of a good sellers account along with pictures of one of Alan Willms' restored Bipolars, Chad Baker's GE wallmount,  and an Emerson FI-1 that I've seen on the auction block before ???   Seller has tremendous feedback record but all in French !   Located in Pacoima, CA ......

It is heist of good sellers account. Someone has a long list of various ebay listings and descriptions. Same batch of items listed each time once gain access to someones sellers account.

ironically as smart as someone is to program this they over look the listings are auctions vs BIN and shut down prior to auction end.

The Tripod listing was something I was underbid bid when it was first offered. When scammer posted first time reached out to original seller which reached out to eBay. That was several years ago but impression I had was eBay was unaccommodating. Over the past several years the same batch of listings pops up maybe every 6-8 weeks. 

I reported this first thing this am, three different ways, and went about my day... This is a repeat performer, always the same second  'photo' asking for a direct e-Bay free payment. And once, they'd taken over a deceased persons account. The Quantity of their listings suggest some automated help.

Edited by Paul Michael

38 minutes ago, Chris Campbell said:

It is heist of good sellers account. Someone has a long list of various ebay listings and descriptions. Same batch of items listed each time once gain access to someones sellers account.

ironically as smart as someone is to program this they over look the listings are auctions vs BIN and shut down prior to auction end.

Chris, that's not correct. If you've ever read their ads, they are specific. But It Now ONLY, and, by direct (unrefundable) ayment! I'm SURE suckers fall for it. One born every day . . .

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 10.11.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 10.11.32 AM.png

39 minutes ago, Paul Michael said:

Chris, that's not correct. If you've ever read their ads, they are specific. But It Now ONLY, and, by direct (unrefundable) ayment! I'm SURE suckers fall for it. One born every day . . .

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 10.11.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 10.11.32 AM.png

Paul Michael,

I have looked and read the descriptions several times. As I clearly stated earlier this has been going on several years. At some point I choose to look past new versions and move on.

1 hour ago, Paul Michael said:

I reported this first thing this am, three different ways, and went about my day... This is a repeat performer, always the same second  'photo' asking for a direct e-Bay free payment. And one, they'd taken over a deceased persons account. The Q of their listing susggetes some automated help.

You are speculating it is a deceased persons account. There is no evidence of this statement.  

4 minutes ago, Chris Campbell said:

Paul Michael,

I have looked and read the descriptions several times. As I clearly stated earlier this has been going on several years. At some point I choose to look past new versions and move on.

Everyone knows this has been going on for years. Chad, Austin, and others have commented in the past both here and on FB.... The point is, ePay does nothing to end this relentless BS.

4 minutes ago, Chris Campbell said:

You are speculating it is a deceased persons account. There is no evidence of this statement.  

No, I said PREVIOUSLY (and onCe-obvious typo, there is a problem when I type on this forum letters are constantly being dropped.).
They'd is PAST TENSE = THEY HAD! 🤷🏼‍♂️
And in fact I had discovered this many iterations ago. 

Edited by Paul Michael

9 hours ago, Paul Michael said:

No, I said PREVIOUSLY (and onCe-obvious typo, there is a problem when I type on this forum letters are constantly being dropped.).
They'd is PAST TENSE = THEY HAD! 🤷🏼‍♂️
And in fact I had discovered this many iterations ago. 

There is an edit function for when you make mistakes. The dots in right corner will get you there.

THEY’D been there since the new forum launched.