Hunter ceiling fan

Craig Meier

13 hours ago, Stan Adams said:

Where do you live? Several of us work on them, but shipping is a nightmare.

I live in Montana. The fan run but only on high speed. 

Cool, one of my favorite Hunters! Is your snap switch a three speed? I’ve seen more than one where the switch was replaced with an on-off switch. If so is the choke coil on top? If yes to all of the above, you probably need to have the choke rewound or put a wall ceiling fan speed control on it. Also if it was torn down & rewired, it may not be wired correctly.

21 minutes ago, Stan Adams said:

Cool, one of my favorite Hunters! Is your snap switch a three speed? I’ve seen more than one where the switch was replaced with an on-off switch. If so is the choke coil on top? If yes to all of the above, you probably need to have the choke rewound or put a wall ceiling fan speed control on it. Also if it was torn down & rewired, it may not be wired correctly.

See I Can just a fan switch at the wall to control the speed. Three speed switch and it wasn’t torn down. Can I just use a modern fan switch for the local hardware store?

1 hour ago, Stan Adams said:

Yes you can, just make sure it is adjusted so the fan will start on the lowest setting.

Thank you for all of you help. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, Stan Adams said:

Yes you can, just make sure it is adjusted so the fan will start on the lowest setting.

Well just put   a fan switch and I can not adjust the speed still runs on high. The problem I have is I don’t know if the fan is wired correctly. Any ideas as what I might do short on sending it to someone that is smarter than me which wouldn’t take much on this topic. Thanks Craig

That isn't the fan or the fan wiring if it is running high on the wall switch control. Either that controller is not wired correctly or that is not the correct wall switch for the fan.

Craig 

You need a 5 amp fan control. This one is close to the one I have purchased in the past:

Fantech WC 15 Speed Control with On-Off Switch, 115V, 5 Amp
by Amazon.com