motor tag decal

David Kilnapp

Good morning friends. I'm working on restoring a fan for my young friend Jack. The fan is an Emerson, circa 1940's (I believe). The motor tag is pretty beat up as seen below.

IMG_1367.thumb.JPG.47e2cf4e5458127f37864c7fdb4760a7.JPG

The rivets that hold this tag in place are not accessible from the inside of the case so they are not easily pushed out so that the motor tag can be removed. The information on the motor tag was buffed out rather than saved as seen below.

IMG_1396.thumb.JPG.934e240aaf313987d87c0e36048f74ad.JPG

IMG_1397.thumb.JPG.4a01cf281f558ee09581f9209a813537.JPG

Is there someone in the club that can make a decal that has the original information on the motor tag as seen in the first picture so that the information can be preserved? Just wondering...

Does it have any embossing or is this one of their smooth tags with just the paint over the zinc? If it is embossed even slightly still I can probably fix it. 

Edited by Trevor Andersen

Donald Coleman can make you a new tag that looks original to the fan.  I’ve seen some of the later Emerson aluminum badges he’s done.  Remarkable!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Darryl Hudson said:

Donald Coleman can make you a new tag that looks original to the fan.  I’ve seen some of the later Emerson aluminum badges he’s done.  Remarkable!

That would be my choice!