...Another another ECK

Louis Luu

1919 Eck Dynamo fan motor announcement. Notice it is only the 16" DC model which will now have blade change to symmetrical (pizza slice) wings. No mention of the ming blade being used exclusively on the 16" model only. 

Eck19.v1.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

1920 Electrical trade now supports the new ming blade with symmetrical wings used EXCLUSIVELY on the 16" alternating and direct current models. This would be a strong heads up the 12" ming blade model was discontinued for the 20-fan motor season. It is possible the 12" ming blade model may have been discontinued in 19. 

IF THERE ARE NO 16" "AC" ECK MING BLADE MODELS WITH A BRASS GUARD TO SURFACE, THIS IS STRONG EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT ECK DROPPED THEIR BRASS GUARD USE IN 1920. 

3620Eck.v1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

1919 Eck Dynamo fan motor announcement. Notice it is only the 16" DC model which will now have blade change to symmetrical (pizza slice) wings. No mention of the ming blade being used exclusively on the 16" model only. 

Eck19.v1.jpg

Russ...I also have a 16 inch pizza style blade and it is counter clockwise...for A.C. model.

Wow, I'm impressed Louis. Can you tell us more about how you found that wonderful ECK? That's one of my wish list fans for sure!

2 minutes ago, David Kilnapp said:

Wow, I'm impressed Louis. Can you tell us more about how you found that wonderful ECK? That's one of my wish list fans for sure!

I make lots of friends and ask them to help look out for fans.  When I'm free during Spring break...I will do a group pictures of the ECKs.

Louis now has 2 1919 Eck DC ming blade examples.  I would bet my life Eck went to steel guards in 20.

EckDCMing16-19.jpg

IMG_8789.thumb.JPG.a4aadd4f2c011a0a4e0eb0f29ade2fbc.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber

15 hours ago, David Kilnapp said:

Dear David that ECK is on my wish too! Again it takes a very special person to take the time and show an apprentice or someone who might have some type of disability except that we're not going to discuss that but the smile on his face absolutely priceless No money can buy that amount and you were a banker. For you to take the time to do this for him, along with the other guys . I am literally speechless! KUDOS  to you all in making him smile ! With the world in such a crazy space we could be in waking today and not waking up to tomorrow I hope I am going upstairs to the right place I know you are! If you're not I'll  sacrifice my place for you.Best to you Robert 

1 hour ago, Mel Lagarde said:

Ming blade AC with brass cage but not with asymmetrical Ming blades.  Not sure of date on this fan.  Maybe later.  

image.thumb.jpeg.095013b900843b47eb72960d62bfb6f8.jpeg

Hey Mel...is that yours?

5 hours ago, Mel Lagarde said:

Ming blade AC with brass cage but not with asymmetrical Ming blades.  Not sure of date on this fan.  Maybe later.  

image.thumb.jpeg.095013b900843b47eb72960d62bfb6f8.jpeg

Eck Dynamo's announced in 1913 electrical trade what appears to be their first AC manufactured motor on the oscillating model. Electrical trade announces the ---ming blade models in 1917. In 1919 Eck Dynamo announces a NEW symmetrical ---ming blade to be used on the 16" DC model ONLY. There are 16" DC models with the symmetrical ---ming blades with a BRASS GUARD. In 1920 Eck Dynamo announces in electrical trade that the new symmetrical wing ---ming blade will be used EXCLUSIVELY on the alternating and direct current 16" models ONLY.  So it is validated the 12" ---ming blade models were off the market in 1920. Being Eck Dynamo designed the symmetrical --ming blade for 1919 16" DC models only opens the possibility the 12" ---ming blade models "may" have been discontinued in 1919.

According to 1917-1920 electrical trade, it appears the 12" model with only the non-symmetrical ---ming blade was on the market in a short window spanning 1917-1918, with the possibility of 1919. They would surface with brass guard only.

If NO 16" ---ming blade AC models have surfaced with a BRASS GUARD, this would be a strong indication that Eck Dynamo discontinued the use of BRASS GUARDS in 1920 on all models. Beyond 1920 electrical trade Eck fan motor information becomes rather sparse. It appears by 1924 Eck Dynamo was no more.

Edited by Russ Huber