Emerson Jr. pics

Doug Wendel

I want to give a huge shout-out to Jon Kovach.  Jon was kind and generous in sending me an original neck screw for this fan, which is all it needed to finish.  It arrived yesterday, and I quickly coated and installed it last night.  This is one of the great things about our club -- people who are willing to help.  Jon wouldn't take any compensation, of course.  His karma score is definitely on the positive side, and I want to make sure he gets paid in good vibes and appreciation too!  Thanks, Jon!

Anyway, I love these little Juniors.  I got this one for free with a 6-wing 3-star I picked up last year.  It was ugly, but complete other than the screw, so it was an easy little restoration at practically no cost.  I would love to pick up some more of these.  Once again, I went with ivory on this one, just because I'm a little tired of black.  I hope you enjoy the pics and it gives you some inspiration.

IMG_9979.thumb.JPG.cd9d5995fec943bca0c694ef97a16ac8.JPGIMG_9976.thumb.JPG.10e80ce4d80d2a485471533f0216ff7a.JPG

IMG_9981.MOV

IMG_9981.MOV

• Like 5

Looks great Doug.  One of my favorites also.  I go for the oscillators.  Those motors are usually a lot beefier than what's needed to drive blade.

Jim Lindsey and I determined the best blade pitch that gave the most wind and the least watts were to pitch the wings so that the RPM's were at 1550.

On the 8 & 9" Juniors, you could pitch the blade so much just below the point where the blade would not hit the cage.  They run at about the same watts,

the fan puts out a lot more wind, and the motor runs cooler from the air-over motor cooling effect. 🎯

Great work on that paint job, I’m in love with that ivory. I think I’ll do a fan like that. Thanks for the shout out. 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:22 AM, Lane Shirey said:

Doug was that powder coat? If so do you mind sharing the color? Thanks! 

RAL 1014 IVORY