The Terry Burns Collection is coming to the Museum

Kim Frank

Terry Burns' collection of 150 fans is now at the AFC museum and is being put on display. Terry is a long time collector and a good friend. Terry has been battling cancer for several years and felt that his collection needed to be seen instead of stored away or sold piecemeal. He reached out to me and asked if the Museum would be interested in purchasing his fans, which of course was a no-brainer. Tom Frampton bought the collection and Eddie and I went up and got it loaded last week. It took two trips to Wabash to transport it down to Zionsville. We are going thru it right now, tagging each fan and making display cards. It is a stellar collection of early GE's, Daytons, Menominees, Westinghouse, and R&M, along with some off-brand stuff like Emerson and Century. Terry collected whatever caught his eye and I'm guessing if it had blades on it, it caught his eye. Lots have been restored, lots are nice originals, and some could stand some TLC. It's all going in as is. The fans will be on display as The Terry Burns Collection. This is an important acquisition for the AFC Museum, as it really fills in a lot of holes in the timelines. I'm hoping that Terry will be able to attend next month's Meet and see his fans. Those of you who know Terry, know that he is a warm and friendly person with a passion for all things fan or fan related. We here at the Museum are proud to have Terry's Collection available for everyone to see. Come and visit us us and see it for yourself. Thank you Terry!

IMG_1216 (2).JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1214 (2).JPG

IMG_1219 (2).JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1217 (2).JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

A wonderful acquisition by the museum with a wonderful way for Terry to place what he loves in a safe and meaningful place for all to appreciate.