Emerson Pedestal Fan Questions

Todd Adornato

I know pretty much nothing about the topic, so I have a couple questions.  First, were pedestal fans offered right from the Emerson factory, or was the pedestal a dealer-installed option?  Second - if a factory option, when was the first pedestal fan produced by Emerson, and what model was it?  Third, were there standard choices of pedestal bases offered by the factory or authorized dealer, or did aftermarket companies produce a variety for installation by the owner?  Fourth, were any Emerson six-blade big-motor fans ever offered with a factory pedestal, and if so, do any of you folks have a picture?  Thanks!

1. Pedestal fans were offered from the factory not as a dealer installed option. It would have been a lot of work to covert one.

2. I believe the first pedestal fan was the Sliver Swan around 1937. 

3. I don't think there where choices for the base or any aftermarket bases were offered.

4. There were not any big motor 6 blade fans offered as a pedestal fan. Emerson did make large commercial pedestal fans; I think they were made mostly in the 1950s and 1960s.

• Thanks 1