Jandus scratch built switch

Michael Rathberger

Years ago I bought a GE motored jandus on eBay. There was a contraption in it with a coil, but really was not safe or functional. I wanted a project to practice making bits on the lathe so I dug it out of the pile. Having nothing to work with and a few pictures from the forum, I came up with the following. It was working perfect till I buggered up the coil, thereby snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'll rewind it as soon as I can get the specs. Anyway, here it is. 3/8 delrin, homemade switch parts, and some luck. Reality is you need to make a prototype, this is it but I'm going with it. The guys who work with metal will see all the flaws, but it's fine with me

IMG_20230106_160853705.jpg

IMG_20230106_160840128.jpg

IMG_20230106_161955871_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230104_154537196~3.jpg

• Like 7

This is just the beginning and look what you have done! Just the thought of making a switch makes me want to increase my sedative dosage. I call guys like Mike Petree and get on my knees and beg. Fact Jack.

images.jpg

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I think Phil said it right, there was a lot of learning that went into it and I used new skills and new tools throughout so it's getting there. The delrin is nice to work with, it drills easy, taps nicely, and can be milled on a table router as well. Here is the base that was in it...

IMG_20230108_104718573.jpg

IMG_20230108_104710310.jpg