Jandus Wire Yoke

Bobby Gaines

Hi Everybody! Finally I finished my 12" Jandus Wire yoke. I acquired over a year ago. The biggest problem was get the right blade, When I received the fan it had a 12" GE blade on it so I started looking for the right blade. I had no luck finding one so I decided to let Dan Nguyen make one for me, Dan made me a beautiful correct Jandus blade and shipped it my way. That is when the problems started, three months later still no blade. The last tracking report it was at JFK airport, After another two months Dan decided it was lost and said he would make another one for me. The second blade arrived in about a month safe and sound in bullet proof metal box. Dan is the man he fabricated two beautiful blade and I finally got one. Rick Huckabee rewound the stator, Darryl Hudson replaced the bearings and sent me a bearing cap for it. Anyway its done!       

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

• Like 7

Bobby Bright Brass. 🙂 I see you have the base mounted to a wooden plaque. Looks nice.

FWIW....Vic Valencheck posted a McMaster find I used on mine for like original factory rubber footing, and it worked slick for a vibration damper. You just cut it to correct length and a few spaced drops of glue to hold it in secure. 

McMaster-Carr

stock-vector-hyper-expressive-reaction-cartoon-wow-man-face-big-eyes-and-wide-open-mouth-the-man-points-at-682634980.jpg

IMG_5220.thumb.JPG.002372fe880140d4da28d0fc0dcc91c1.jpg

• Like 1

Actually Russ I did put that same rubber strip in this fan. I read the post you and Vic had a while back and ordered from McMaster.  That's wooden turn table it's seating on.

And it works great!  Thanks for posting that a while back.

IMG_1988.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bobby Gaines said:

Actually Russ I did put that same rubber strip in this fan. I read the post you and Vic had a while back and ordered from McMaster.  That's wooden turn table it's seating on.

And it works great!  Thanks for posting that a while back.

IMG_1988.jpg

You fooled me. I thought those were brass mounting screws. I should have known better you couldn't leave those 3 empty holes in the base. You had to stick some shiny brass in those as well.  You had better buff those brass plugs on the underside of the base as well.  🙂

IMG_1988.thumb.jpg.ab668f879f095c2fb34e2b5503e3ab49.jpg

You couldn't have done a better job. Awesome restoration! I have my wire mount setting on top of my chest in the bedroom. I see it when I wake up every morning. 😃