Manhattan No. 3 terminal posts

David Kilnapp

Hello fan friends:  I recently acquired (as many of you know) my second Manhattan No. 3 on the left below.

IMG_5223.thumb.JPG.005541de32e32e942e61d8ecb5c31b66.JPG

The original, on the right, had one knurled post and one other odd connector. The one on the left had just what you see. I spoke to Darryl Hudson (my go to guy) and asked him the reproduce the knurled terminal posts. Today, he completed them and sent me the pictures below.

IMG_2495.thumb.JPG.b751b68eca6a64a96afd83325eae117e.JPG

For those of you that prefer the "aged" look, Darryl made an extra set for inventory seen below. Feel free to contact Darryl, if you want a set of these for your Manhattan No. 3. Prices are between you and Darryl but as for me, Darryl's craftsmanship is priceless!

IMG_2496.thumb.JPG.aaa3424dcd919c3dd9c358d1d2b59ad7.JPG

• Like 2

A very nice, authentic look. I have a couple of small motor items with similar connectors. Darryl does great work. These show up on a variety of items and I always look for them...

Interesting my Manhattan #3 has two screws and different brushesManhattan3.thumb.jpg.81a25bf0c1d9b27f0f1939c909e51b97.jpg

• Like 1

UPDATE:  Today I received Darryl Hudson's reproduction posts. They are wonderful!

IMG_5242.thumb.JPG.a7716c9e2c801cd5f4eeb7d4ef7f3bbb.JPGIMG_5243.thumb.JPG.caf4ed26ed62d52a2b8e5b8eb3df74e9.JPG

These are just marvelous and showcase the considerable talents of Darryl Hudson, master machinist!

• Like 1

Hi Stephen. I wonder if your Manhattan is a later version with brushes. Thanks for posting.