Another Good Day At The Flea Market

Robert Todd

I went to the flea market Friday hoping that the good weather and holiday would bring out some better buying opportunities.  I was not disappointed,  I was able to pick up 3 (and a half) fans of still, undetermined quality.  However, I did bring home two Emersons.  A 19666 and a 19646.  I also picked up a an older Peerless (BB1?) stationary,  The half I got was the top half of a 16" GE Loophandle with a busted pot metal rear bearing carrier.  Not too bad for half an afternoon spent wandering around in warm and windy weather.

P3319813.JPG

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Robert Todd said:

P3319813.JPG

You did good on the 19666. It is pre-1917 transitional with no handle and the long tag. You can check your serial to the others listed in the INFO section in Ron's survey. Your 19646 has the 1917 introduction handle with square tag and steel guard. More than likely an 18 model. Your Peerless has the improved blade feature introduced in 1916. 

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.  And thank you, Russ, for all of the information considering it came from one picture of questionable quality.  I forgot to mention that my brother also came away with a fan, as well.  He picked up a nice 77646AD pedestal.  Complete and unmolested and runs great.

23 minutes ago, Robert Todd said:

I forgot to mention that my brother also came away with a fan, as well.  He picked up a nice 77646AD pedestal.  Complete and unmolested and runs great.

I once found a pair of them in a shop not far from me years ago. They are late 30s capacitor start fans. Extremely well made smooth and quiet oscillating fans. Lucky brother. 🙂

1_fb2a27ef745ea2899050a9a13c336c2d.jpg

Super nice.  So good to see venturing out like that can still garner fans like that.  

Congratulations..........Dan H.

You are certainly right about that, Dan.  It is days like this that keep me looking.  I had a similarly good day last Fall.  I guess that is why the bulk of my meager collection hails from the flea markets.  I love finding them in the wild.  I clean them up and get them running and they are ready to sit on the shelf in happy retirement.  Those that don't make it to my shelf I hope to eventually pass on to other future owners.

• Like 1