Westinghouse Tank back together

Doug Wendel

IMG_2442.MOV

Yesterday I got this original paint, low mileage Westinghouse 12" stationary residential desk fan back together after a period of maintenance and repairs.  It had been sitting on my basement shelf for probably 15 years, which is sad.  It originally came from a private antiquities museum north of Kansas City that probably closed in the late 70s.  I befriended the elderly owner around 1996 and picked this fan along with a gyro, lollipop, peacock and an all brass vertical axis rarity.  But this is the one I've kept.  Huge thanks to Tony Clayton for for the original-style headwire (I've been reworking all of Tanks with it), and extra huge thanks to Mark Olson for repairing the break in the original start windings.  Disapproval and criticism to US Postal Service for losing track of the motor in the mail for over two weeks -- scary.  The fan runs beautifully and incredibly smooth and quiet.  I am partial to Tank fans, and this one is really wonderful.

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

Edited by Doug Wendel
  • Like 6

That is super nice for an original paint fan. Glad the motor didn't get deep lost, I waited 6 months once for the reappearance at my doorstep

Everyone should have a few nice tanks laying around. Well done, super nice fan.

Beautiful fan! I love it when you can find them in such extraordinary original condition.