Nice 12" Eck side gear beauty!

George Durbin

Picked this up for a friend a couple of weeks ago.  I wish I could buy all my fans in this condition! Looks complete and if you wanna leave the patina as is, this would be the candidate!😗😗... I mentioned to "said" friend that I probably could get a couple hundred out of it and he hung up on me! I always say possession is 9/10ths of the law!!!

Geo... 😅😅🤣

20240403_105928.jpg

20240403_105944.jpg

20240403_105915.jpg

20240403_110004.jpg

20240403_110012.jpg

20240403_110054.jpg

20240403_110100.jpg

• Like 2

I assume same place as Dayton. Both the Ecks were in good shape. It was a funny auction. Stuff up to the fans were heavily competed by the room and online. A Reddy kilowatt bulb you can buy for 800 or so online sold for 3000. Zippo lighter displays went for 8000 to 10000. Signs were off the charts. Auction house was rocking. Then the fans came up and everyone left. While I like fans, it was eye opening how little the room cared. 

There is a literally a waterfall of old fans pouring out if Ebay/marketplace etc. With no let up in the foreseeable future.   Not great news for prices for collectors inventory. 

Edited by Anthony Lindsey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Rathberger said:

I assume same place as Dayton. Both the Ecks were in good shape. It was a funny auction. Stuff up to the fans were heavily competed by the room and online. A Reddy kilowatt bulb you can buy for 800 or so online sold for 3000. Zippo lighter displays went for 8000 to 10000. Signs were off the charts. Auction house was rocking. Then the fans came up and everyone left. While I like fans, it was eye opening how little the room cared. 

This stuff was from 1 collector! Mr. Chupp said he did 250k to 500k each day for 4 days in a row! U do the math! The Reddy Kilowatt bulb had me out at $150... But 3k plus 15-20% plus 7% tax...   WTH?

2 minutes ago, George Durbin said:

This stuff was from 1 collector! Mr. Chupp said he did 250k to 500k each day for 4 days in a row! U do the math! The Reddy Kilowatt bulb had me out at $150... But 3k plus 15-20% plus 7% tax...   WTH?

The best deals were the uncatalogged fans on Thursday... I bought several very reasonable... I bought 6 in that sale...

1 hour ago, Michael Rathberger said:

I looked up past sales of the bulb before going. I thought I might get for 500. Got my arm up once. Chupp said it was going to Texas. The fans brought good money for fans, top dollar in some cases, it was the complete lack of excitement that threw me. I'm glad to see they were picked up though, they would not have shipped well.

Just now, Michael Rathberger said:

I looked up past sales of the bulb before going. I thought I might get for 500. Got my arm up once. Chupp said it was going to Texas. The fans brought good money for fans, top dollar in some cases, it was the complete lack of excitement that threw me. I'm glad to see they were picked up though, they would not have shipped well.

I was there, did you see me? Actually I was there Wednesday and Thursday.. 

I work still. Only went Saturday. It's a rare occasion I sit through an auction nowadays. I really wanted some of the orange crush items, but couldn't even buy the serving tray... 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Michael Rathberger said:

Signs were off the charts.

7 minutes ago, Michael Rathberger said:

I really wanted some of the orange crush items, but couldn't even buy the serving tray... 

Lol. There is a guy up here not far from me Millers Auction Company. He started out small fry and built a small empire, travels the lower 48 and buys. He focuses on cool unique industrial items. Signs and neon signs and clocks. His auctions bring in stupid money. I sold him fans years ago at bulk price for his shop. He auctioned a pedestal Lake Breeze and got stupid money for it. One day about a year back I ran into him (rare opportunity) at his shop. A few years back he ebayed a nice 12" DC ming blade Eck that surpassed 4K. I brought up the Eck he ebayed and asked him where he got it and how much. He drove past an old bar up north and stuff was scattered all over outside the place. He swung around and checked it out. He went in the building and sitting down on the floor was the Eck with ming blade. He asked the guy how much? $100. 

The one thing you won't get from him is a deal on an item you can live with, or tell your wife about. 🙂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Lol. There is a guy up here not far from me Millers Auction Company. He started out small fry and built a small empire, travels the lower 48 and buys. He focuses on cool unique industrial items. Signs and neon signs and clocks. His auctions bring in stupid money. I sold him fans years ago at bulk price for his shop. He auctioned a pedestal Lake Breeze and got stupid money for it. One day about a year back I ran into him (rare opportunity) at his shop. A few years back he ebayed a nice 12" DC ming blade Eck that surpassed 4K. I brought up the Eck he ebayed and asked him where he got it and how much. He drove past an old bar up north and stuff was scattered all over outside the place. He swung around and checked it out. He went in the building and sitting down on the floor was the Eck with ming blade. He asked the guy how much? $100. 

The one thing you won't get from him is a deal on an item you can live with, or tell your wife about. 🙂

Shhhh... She doesn't need to know!😅🤣😂

I picked this up for a fellow fanner and all I could afford was this little Reddy Kilowatt pin!😅🤣😂

Geo...

20240221_122119.jpg

20240221_122020.jpg

17 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

George....you can add to your collection.

image.thumb.png.9a560c72c5ffdeb61535813ea14d5080.png

I already did! And added the one with pasties too! 😅🤣😂

4 minutes ago, George Durbin said:

I already did! And added the one with pasties too! 😅🤣😂

I could not post that one in fear of being banned.  That one is a tad bit naughty.

2 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

I could not post that one in fear of being banned.  That one is a tad bit naughty.

Hahah! I have no fear!