Powder Coat question

Tristan Crider

I recently acquired a pretty rough 1905 Ge pancake. I like my cakes in white and I don't want to hassle with the appliance epoxy that takes months to cure. I thought about having it powder coated but my only hang up is the tag. How would I go about matching the tag? I've painted tags before and didn't have a problem but if I messed the tag up I could always repaint it. I won't have that opportunity if I have it powder coated. Any suggestions? 

Paint the tag. it would be bead or sandblasted to make the powder coating stick anyway.

If it were my fan i would remove the tag. Find a white acrylic paint for the tag. Powder coat the fan white. It shouldn't be hard to match being white.

You can order regular spray paint in RAL colors to match your powder from  https://powderbuythepound.com/ and other powder suppliers.  I use it for touchup and such.  However, when I paint a fan in ivory or other special color I keep the tag background original/black.  I feel certain the manufacturers did not ever paint tags to match on their special order finishes.

image.jpeg.824363bb981171e43c61c3cba8598d47.jpeg

Edited by Doug Wendel
  • Like 1