Superior Powerstat 3PN116B variac panel mount fuse holder needed

John Landstrom

Anyone use Powerstat variable transformers ?   

Im looking for a suitable replacement for the panel mount 10amp panel mount fuse holder.  The one on mine broke.  Not sure if it needs to be a special kind as there is not info molded into the original.  

Also what type of 10amp fuse is used.  Anything special?  It had a solid (whitish) fuse in it when I got it.   

If this what you are looking for then I have one with a 10 amp fuse. I will send it your way, no charge.

IMG_1442.thumb.jpg.61a92f430b818345dc2a875488c89253.jpg

IMG_1443.thumb.jpg.54b2cc3bed325765e9077f2c90d4edef.jpg

Scott, 

Thanks for the offer, and I may take you upon that.   Right now I’m checking with Specialty Product Technologies to get info on the fuse holder and fuse.   I was told by another vendor that your typical fuse you can buy at AutoZone won’t work.  No confirmation on that yet.  They do have one for another brand of variac (the red ones) but they weren’t familiar enough with the PowerStat to be sure it would work.  

I’m electrically challenged when it comes to these units.  I can rewire your house, but I’m at a loss when it comes to this stuff.

I’ll let you know later today (hopefully) after they get back to me.   

• Like 1

John

Sounds good just let me know if I can help. 

Thanks

Scott