Peerless Stationary Question

Robert Todd

I am working on an old Peerless BB1 Stationary fan and I was getting ready to attach new rubber feet when I came upon a question.  Can anyone tell me (or show me) if this fan had a fiber board bottom and, if so, how (or where) was it attached.  It did not have one when I got it but it looks like it needs one to protect the electronics.  Thanks.

P4249830.JPG

P4249831.JPG

Here are pictures of the bottom plate on and off. You need to add screws next to the mounting screws for the switch. 17139926652278905478166766246631.thumb.jpg.e47fd24b4d58468ae38ff6af49237e55.jpg

20240424_160117.jpg

Thanks, Steve.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  However, mine is a cast iron base instead of a stamped steel.  Would the fiber base plate be the same?  Would it be about the same size as the switch plate?  What is a good material to make these from or does anybody make these?  Sorry for all the questions.  If you could answer ANY of these questions I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

If you give Darrell Koller the size, he can make you one.

12 hours ago, Robert Todd said:

Thanks, Steve.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  However, mine is a cast iron base instead of a stamped steel.  Would the fiber base plate be the same?  Would it be about the same size as the switch plate?  What is a good material to make these from or does anybody make these?  Sorry for all the questions.  If you could answer ANY of these questions I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

I do not have the answer for any of your questions.

Thanks for the information, Stan.

No problem, Steve.  I appreciate the information and, especially, the pictures.  I will have to see if I have a couple of screws to put in the switch to hold on a potential future cover.

Robert I made one for a Eck out of some thick gasket material, it works and looks great.