Simplex fan Oscillator

Anthony Lindsey

Back to the Amish estate.   Since they don't use electricity,   what was it used for?

44 minutes ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

Back to the Amish estate.   Since they don't use electricity,   what was it used for?

I bought mine under Lazy Susan.

11 hours ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

No idea. I just saw it was local to me so I asked the seller what the history was on it. That was the story I got. 

11 hours ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

Years back I was at an indoor auction in a small town in central Illinois. They had hay wagons full of stuff to auction in the building. Numerous Antique/vintage fans. My stiffest competition was bidding on a few nice brass fans was an Amish gentleman.  The rest of the bidders on the fans would fall out around $40-$50.  The Amish guy would be my only competition before the hammer came down. He would always bow out between $50-$60. I can't stand sitting at auctions for too long, it drives me nuts. I left a nice complete GE Round back there which I am confident the Amish guy got for $50. I am sure the guy bidding on the fans were glad to see me go. 🙂 In our area there is what is called an Amish Walmart. They buy and sell for profit electrical goods from estates to a mixed crowd.  

Hello fan friends, Heres “an exceedingly meritorious device ‘’ as it says in the Emerson monthly April 1909 kindly posted by Russ Huber. I was the Lucky one to find this one on eBay. Looks to be mostly all there except for one screw on vane base and one leg post. I will try and do a video when I find the time. I quickly made a leg post and tested it out and it works well but needs a lot of air to make it go back and forth. Took some very quick photos as I have been very busy with work and a new puppy. Many Thanks to all who posted. 

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

• Like 3