Emerson Bedpost CAD

Louis Luu

1 hour ago, George Durbin said:

What Emersons will fit on that? 

The smaller 8 inch bullwinkles will fit.  Don't know if they will still need the switch though.  Maybe an inline switch for on/off?

On 8/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, George Durbin said:

I'm in for at least 1!!

I'll see what I can do to get you a prototype.  I do prefer you get an 8 inch Bullwinkle blade Emerson fan....proportion looks better.

For those interested in learning how to generate a 3D model, it is rather basic.  You first have to have good flat pictures preferably without distortion.  I generally put the object or trace to object on a piece of paper and put it on a flat bed scanner....the ones you use for photocopying.  For hard to trace parts, I take polymer clay and make an impression and do the same thing.  But the easiest would be a patent drawing.  Than you have to figure out how to generate the volume.  The goal is to identify the x, y, and z plane.  Once this is done you cut out and get a rough shape.  After you get the corners out of your slices, you next combine the slices and now you have a rough draft.  The next step is smoothing.....a little bit on your end and a little bit on the computer end to help with the end result.  After that, you take infinite slice of your generated volume and cut out corners....similar to sculpting.  That is basically the general principal I've figured out from my own.

image.png.9bd4a44606ff305f5047eea66646d948.png