What do you do when you sell a few common fans at the Museum Meet? Turn them into uncommon.

Steve Butler

I took a handful of fans to the meet and was very fortunate to sell more than I expected.   Thank you everyone who purchased one.  That gave me the green light to nab this Trojan 5320.   It’s wired direct and painted blue.  Fortunately the switch is there and the motor fired right up.  It has a braille tag.  I couldn’t find any other examples pictured with that tag.  Not very many in the survey.  Donna was ready to kill me for bringing another 16” in the house. I explained it was a “good” one.  Here’s some pictures.  

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

Edited by Steve Butler
  • Like 9

Congratulations on  awesome find !! I love the braille tag. I only have one in my collection. It is a 1610large.1917919810_1610Tag.jpg.e1fee3d364ec235f5392dc0566a25bed.jpg

Edited by Stephen Chew

On 9/24/2023 at 9:24 PM, Steve Butler said:

I took a handful of fans to the meet and was very fortunate to sell more than I expected.   Thank you everyone who purchased one.  That gave me the green light to nab this Trojan 5320.   It’s wired direct and painted blue.  Fortunately the switch is there and the motor fired right up.  It has a braille tag.  I couldn’t find any other examples pictured with that tag.  Not very many in the survey.  Donna was ready to kill me for bringing another 16” in the house. I explained it was a “good” one.  Here’s some pictures.  

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

Is that a Westinghouse switch lever?

1 hour ago, Roger Borg said:

Is that a Westinghouse switch lever?

I’m not sure, I was hoping someone would chime in.   That’s why I included the picture.    

2 hours ago, Stephen Chew said:

Congratulations on  awesome find !! I love the braille tag. I only have one in my collection. It is a 1610large.1917919810_1610Tag.jpg.e1fee3d364ec235f5392dc0566a25bed.jpg

Thank Stephen, the tag was the main reason I bid on it.  I couldn’t make out the type number in the photos but realized it had the earlier braille tag.   The only other one I have is on my 1520.  

IMG_2363.jpeg

• Like 1

That's awesome fan also.I don't have that one. I told myself no more 16" but they do look awesome all polished. I have over 20 with no room to display all of them. I will be selling some in the near future. LOL

37 minutes ago, Steve Butler said:

I’m not sure, I was hoping someone would chime in.   That’s why I included the picture.    

I have a chrome westy at work to be fixed up soon, and if I recall properly, it has that same switch handle. Will take a photo next week...

On 9/30/2023 at 9:41 PM, Roger Borg said:

I have a chrome westy at work to be fixed up soon, and if I recall properly, it has that same switch handle. Will take a photo next week...

On 9/30/2023 at 9:01 PM, Steve Butler said:

Here's the switch knob on my chrome westy. I haven't taken it apart yet, but I have no reason to believe it's anything other than original. Seems like a match to yours...

20231002_130434.jpg

6 hours ago, Roger Borg said:

Here's the switch knob on my chrome westy. I haven't taken it apart yet, but I have no reason to believe it's anything other than original. Seems like a match to yours...

20231002_130434.jpg

I do recall that off/arrow switch on a late 20's- early 30's Westinghouse fan we had 50+ years ago. That was definitely original.